New to me TC35 gear 4wd with 900 hours

/ New to me TC35 gear 4wd with 900 hours #1  

dusty3030

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010 Cab, Kioti RX7320 Powershuttle/ Cab, Kubota M7040 HDC, Kubota U35-4, John Deere 317G
I posted about buying this tractor recently and wanted to follow up with my first impressions.

First and foremost I like it. I was expecting it to be smaller when I went and looked at it and it ends up being about the same physical size as my other tractor a JD 4120.

I pulled into my shop and slowly but surely have been going through it changing all the fluids and filters.

I also thought I would address a few things I found first and foremost the battery tray area. Total rusted out and "hastily" repaired.'

/ New to me TC35 gear 4wd with 900 hours
So I got it off. Luckily the radiator looked ok on the bottom just this tray was rotted out.

I guess they intended some airflow through there but I went back with solid piece of 16 gauge sheet metal.

I added some angle where the hood latch bolts through and between the frame rails to give a little extra support for the battery.

Since a battery obviously leaked at some point I put it back inside of a battery box and used a generic hold down kit.

Next I noticed it only had an idiot light for temp and no gauge.

As a part of servicing it I flushed and refilled coolant as well as replaced thermostat. When replacing the thermostat I noticed a plug and an extra hole next to the idiot light temp sensor so I looked around for a place to put a real gauge and decided on the steering column.

Easy to install and I was able to find a hot when ignition switch is on, hot when lights are on for the backlit feature and a ground wire all on the headlamp switch easy to get to and without having to make up a lot of wiring.

Foot throttle cable was broken so I ordered on and installed it. While trying to adjust cables I noticed two things, one it did not want to return down to idle easily and found a spot for two springs with just one spring in it so I dug around in my shop and came up with one. I will need a stronger one to be dead reliable but this will work for now.
I also noticed a rattle I isolated to the fender and noticed a missing fastener. Again, dug around in my shop and come up with a solution. I had saved those gigantic washers from something I can't remember but one came in handy!
I also made up a bracket for a rear work light but did not get around to installing it this weekend.
I still have to do that and still have to have a bracket made up for the suitcase weights I bought for it. I didn't have any steel heavy enough so I didn't even try to do that yet.
I hitched it up to my 6' foot cutter and will give it a good go mowing in some tall bermuda grass pasture and make sure my battery solution doesn't interfere with the cooling.
All fluids and filters were changed and I greased every nipple I could find so I want to give it a good workout next.
That is all for now.

/ New to me TC35 gear 4wd with 900 hours #5  
I would suggest you put some window screen in front of the radiator. Great job on the battery box rebuild and temp gauge install.

I would suggest you put some window screen in front of the radiator. Great job on the battery box rebuild and temp gauge install.

Great suggestion! I'll add it to my list.

/ New to me TC35 gear 4wd with 900 hours #7  
I posted about buying this tractor recently and wanted to follow up with my first impressions.

First and foremost I like it. I was expecting it to be smaller when I went and looked at it and it ends up being about the same physical size as my other tractor a JD 4120.

I pulled into my shop and slowly but surely have been going through it changing all the fluids and filters.

I also thought I would address a few things I found first and foremost the battery tray area. Total rusted out and "hastily" repaired.'

Yes, its a big tractor ... same frame as the TC45. Pretty much same size machine as a LS4041/4047.

/ New to me TC35 gear 4wd with 900 hours #8  

+1. The newer models have a screen. Without a loader to push down weeds while bush hogging, the flowers of weeds will clog the radiator.

Mowed in some knee high thick wet Bermuda and temp stayed at 190 to 200 so cooling system works!

Got my rear light rigged up too.