New to me Yanmar SA 324

/ New to me Yanmar SA 324 #1  

Dallas Nichols

Tractor
John Deere 950
Just grabbed a new to me SA 324 with 46 hours. Will be doing the first service on it soon. I'd love it if someone has a pdf version of the service manual for this tractor. Thanks!

20210401_185145.jpg

/ New to me Yanmar SA 324 #2  
Congrats on the new tractor, looks like your getting the same weather I was getting today.

/ New to me Yanmar SA 324
Congrats on the new tractor, looks like your getting the same weather I was getting today.
Thanks. For about 3 hours we had some nasty wind and a little snow. Then 70 degrees this weekend.. haha

/ New to me Yanmar SA 324 #4  
Good score on that one. Keep us posted on it. I am in the market for a new tractor and really trying hard not to like the Yanmar. Lack of an adequate dealership is my main issue.

/ New to me Yanmar SA 324 #6  
blacktruck, I ran into the same on dealerships last year. I really liked the Yanmar but if the dealership I was talking to were to close (only had yanmar a year or so, by far mostly a small engine dealership) then none within 100 miles.

/ New to me Yanmar SA 324 #8  
Username taken,
I have a six ft. Woods blade that I use on my 424 to plow snow. It works great on the 3 PT. The 3 PT is bigger than my old Kubotab bx 2200. As I said before try Foote tractor in howell. Been in business for years.They sell just tractors. They probably had 40 different new yanmars in stock a couple of weeks ago. This is my second new tractor from them. They are very knowledgeable about all brands. They are great for service.

/ New to me Yanmar SA 324 #9  
Username taken,
I have a six ft. Woods blade that I use on my 424 to plow snow. It works great on the 3 PT. The 3 PT is bigger than my old Kubotab bx 2200. As I said before try Foote tractor in howell. Been in business for years.They sell just tractors. They probably had 40 different new yanmars in stock a couple of weeks ago. This is my second new tractor from them. They are very knowledgeable about all brands. They are great for service.
Thanks for your help. Right now, I'm in S Florida, 1,400 miles away from my future 5 acre hobby farm.

There are just so many choices it's mind-boggling. So much to learn, pricing all over the place. So many different capabilities, weights, sizes, power...... Speaking of which, Yanmar rates their PTO HP at 18.1 which is kinda weak in comparison to -- Everything else. But that might be a function of RPM games Yanmar is playing with the EPA so as not to fall into the DPF trap. Have you, or anybody else, noticed any lack of ability from your PTO? A buddy of mine has a 1025r and he runs a 4 ft Bush Hog (JD) without any problems. The engine power seems stout for its size. Your opinion matters. Current owners' opinions matter.

I'm doing my homework up front so that when I get up there, I won't waste the time of people who are trying to make a living and support a family or multiple girlfriends. Sometimes, both. Dealing with the public every day can be a difficult way to make a living. I know.

Plus, I'll take your word over a saleman's any day

/ New to me Yanmar SA 324 #10  
I have never had a problem with hp or power at all. I cut with a mid mount 5 ft mower at 2500 rpms and have never had a problem long or short grass. I have heard that the engine in the 324/424 can make more hp than yanmar says it has. I have had my tractor for 3 years and have 150 hours on it with no problems. My son used it to knock down a large old wooden shed and filled a dumpster with it. He said it worked great. So far it has been a better tractor than the Kubota. I had 4 wheel drive problems, cracked gas tank and leaking rear axle seal on kubota. I traded it on the yanmar and have been happy so far. The tractor seems more powerful and stronger the the Kubota even though only 2hp more.