New to this

/ New to this #1  

jajiu

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3560 HSTC
I'm new to this thing, I have enjoyed reading the posts in the forums, but have not until now decided to join in. I've had a Kubota tractor (I'm on my 4th) since 1993. I love my newest, purchased in 2014, the L3560 HSTC. The cab makes it a pleasure to use in the winter, I'm warm inside (hate the cold), an in summer no bugs to eat me when working.
I'm looking to add a backhoe to my tractor and taking my time looking over all the options. Looking at all kinds of backhoes, 3ph and sub frame, self contained hydraulics and tractor supplied. Looking for a little advice. My Kubota dealer sells Woods as well as the Kubota line.

/ New to this #2  
You want a sub-frame mounted back-hoe; more money but seems to be the way to go.

/ New to this
Thanks, that's the way I am leaning, more secure and stable.

/ New to this #4  
:welcome:An there is nothing wrong with a selfcontained hydraulics system either, they work fine. I have one myself.

/ New to this
I think I'd prefer a self contained unit and run off the PTO. Just not sure if the power is better one way or the other.

/ New to this #6  
You want a sub-frame mounted back-hoe; more money but seems to be the way to go.

Yeah from what I've seen it is. Plus if you have any warranty a 3pt will make it go away. You're not as likely to snap your tractor in half with a sub frame model either. I think maybe the extra strength with the subframe on your tractor can't hurt in other ways either so it's not just for the backhoe. At least that's the way I look at it. You usually get what you pay for.

/ New to this
I am going for a subframe, just not sure about the hydraulics, tractor supplied or self contained run off the PTO. Which has more power, or are they both the same?

/ New to this #8  
Thanks for joining the forum!

:welcome:

I'm going to move your thread on over to the Kubota section. :)

/ New to this #9  
big stump.png
I am going for a subframe, just not sure about the hydraulics, tractor supplied or self contained run off the PTO. Which has more power, or are they both the same?
Self contained will have plenty of power.

/ New to this
Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I'll post a picture when I finally do get one.