New Toys

/ New Toys #1  

TheFarmerInAdell

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2706E, Massey Ferguson GC1705
It was a busy Saturday at the dealer... :D

Had a Yanmar SA424 and a Massey Ferguson 231 (both with loaders). Yanmar was my mom's, and the Massey 231 was mine. Yanmar was the right HP but too big for my mom, right size for me to too low HP. It also had a 3 point rear blower that didn't work so well for my mom :thumbdown: . The Massey was too big for me size wise, but good HP.

So we sold both and bought a Massey GC1705 with a blower for my mom and a McCormick GX45H for me. He also sold me a Stihl chainsaw at his cost :licking: It was a good day. :thumbsup:

20180908_110238.jpg20180908_110252.jpg

The dealer figured I was going to have to make 2 trips to take them home until he saw that I have a REAL trailer. :laughing: :cool2:

/ New Toys #2  
As they say..."Let the fun begin" :D congrats. :thumbsup:

/ New Toys #3  
Very nice! I like that trailer a lot too.

McCormick = LS? We don't have McCormick around here that I've seen.

/ New Toys
Very nice! I like that trailer a lot too.

McCormick = LS? We don't have McCormick around here that I've seen.

Tractor data says that this McCormick was built by Argo. We don't really have a McCormick dealer around here, either. There was one, but they switched to Yanmar and Branson a few years ago. I bought it used at a Massey dealer. It has some features that the less expensive tractors don't seem to have. It not only has the foot pedals for hydro, but it also has a stick to operate it as well. It has 3 PTO speeds (540, 540E, ground speed), and the seat has pressure and distance (up and down) adjustments. I like the HP to size ratio as well: 45HP at only 60" wide. I can use my 5' implements I bought for the Yanmar.

I got the trailer to haul my skidsteer and anything else I needed with it. It works well for just about everything. Sure it weighs more than a bumper pull, but it is far more comfortable to pull than a bumper pull. I've gotten sick while pulling a 5 ton bumper pull empty on a rough highway (lots of bouncing). With gooseneck, not nearly as much bouncing.