New Tractor Arrival

/ New Tractor Arrival #1  

tjkadar

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 5609, Kubota GS1800, eXmark LazerZ XP
Our farm’s M6800 arrived just before lunch this past Saturday. The first test was to see if the new tractor would still be compact enough to drag the riding arena without taking out half the fence. Moving from an L3250 to a M6800 was a big step and there were some worries that its large size would be a detriment during some chores.

After a couple laps around the arena, there was no more fretting, only enjoyment. Since then, the tractor has done some bush hogging, woodpile removal, dirt moving, helped with a walkway installation, and some pasture dragging. In two days, we put 10 hours on her.

Of course, the real test will begin when we start renovating pastures and cutting hay. I’m looking forward to it. The tractor has really impressed me and I couldn’t be happier.

On a side note, after removing the woodpile, I was cleaning up the debris and smoothing out the ground using the FEL and a box blade. During one pass, the box blade caught a small stump I had forgotten about. There was a small ‘pop’ sound as the lower left hand part of the box blade’s three-point hitch separated from the rest of the box blade. Aside from the noise, there was no indication from the tractor seat that something had happened.

I know with the L3250, it would have darned near stopped the tractor before the hitch broke. But it didn’t take long to weld up the box blade’s wound and put the poor thing back to work.

Attachments

• 648418-M6800.jpg
    648418-M6800.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 674
   / New Tractor Arrival #3  
Sweet.

A serious tractor, a more serious view of the house?

You *must* share some more pictures of your spread.

Very nice.
-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New Tractor Arrival
The farm is a family affair. The house you see in the background is my parent's home. It was built circa 1830. Meanwhile, I live in much more humble accommodations in the back pasture. I’ll see if I can grab some more pictures tomorrow. Hopefully, I’ll even get the right settings on the camera so the picture doesn’t come out so grainy.

It is a whole lot of tractor for us. I looked at the Green and Blue ones, but in the end I stayed orange. Kubota has always been good equipment for us and it made good sense to stick with something we know so well.

/ New Tractor Arrival #5  
That's a fine looking tractor you have there. I'd like that canopy on mine. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif