New Tractor Problems

/ New Tractor Problems #21  
Remind me not to buy one of those Branson tractors.

/ New Tractor Problems #22  
Remind me not to buy one of those Branson tractors.
Make no mistake about it, this is a dealer problem not a brand problem. Branson will stand behind that starter, if it is still under the warranty.

The dealer sounds willing to help but only if the tractor is brought to them. Some dealers will send a tech to the tractor and some will pick it up at no charge or for a nominal fee.

Some dealers say it is up to the customer to bring it to them period. All of this should be understood before purchasing any big ticket item.

/ New Tractor Problems #23  
Make no mistake about it, this is a dealer problem not a brand problem. Branson will stand behind that starter, if it is still under the warranty.

The dealer sounds willing to help but only if the tractor is brought to them. Some dealers will send a tech to the tractor and some will pick it up at no charge or for a nominal fee.

Some dealers say it is up to the customer to bring it to them period. All of this should be understood before purchasing any big ticket item.
I'd be calling cooperate, if that's possible. Then I'd be trading it in on something else if there was no resolution.

/ New Tractor Problems
If it's an osgr starter sometimes the solenoid contacts or the plunger are to blame.
it isnt it is a jheeco. Ive been looking for one on the internet and cant seem to find this exact one.

Yes when I bought it I asked about servicing and the person delivering it said there was no problem with picking it up. I don't think he said anything about cost be even so I don't mind paying the dealer a fee to pick it up. They told me to hire a wrecker. It is 50ish miles to the dealer all highway. I tried 3 different companies and the cheapest 1 way was 435$.

I'd be calling cooperate, if that's possible. Then I'd be trading it in on something else if there was no resolution.
I called Branson and the service guy said I had to go through a dealer. I told him about the situation and he gave me the number to dealers that were 2.5 hours away. He said that was all he could do. If they don't resolve it, I will order the part from somewhere and get it installed myself. I just wish companies didn't act like this. I have called no less than 20 times in 4 days. 18 times the service department isn't there. Always an excuse, lunch, errands or just not answering. 1st time I called, very helpful and suggested different things that could be wrong. I told him I'd try all of them and get back. Went to get back to him and they told me to call a wrecker so I asked about the part and they told me I'd have to pay retail for it if I did the work myself. I asked how much the part was and they said they'd call me back with the price. That was Tuesday. Haven't had a meaningful conversation since. This is a pretty big dealer. I'd trade it in but my only other choice is JD.

/ New Tractor Problems #25  
So a starter that could be rebuilt if necessary for around $100 at any local starter/alternator shop would cause you to spend $18k to 25k for a new tractor? At some point you have to pay for your own maintenance anyway.

Me, I would fix it and move on in life.

/ New Tractor Problems #26  
it isnt it is a jheeco. Ive been looking for one on the internet and cant seem to find this exact one.

Yes when I bought it I asked about servicing and the person delivering it said there was no problem with picking it up. I don't think he said anything about cost be even so I don't mind paying the dealer a fee to pick it up. They told me to hire a wrecker. It is 50ish miles to the dealer all highway. I tried 3 different companies and the cheapest 1 way was 435$.

I called Branson and the service guy said I had to go through a dealer. I told him about the situation and he gave me the number to dealers that were 2.5 hours away. He said that was all he could do. If they don't resolve it, I will order the part from somewhere and get it installed myself. I just wish companies didn't act like this. I have called no less than 20 times in 4 days. 18 times the service department isn't there. Always an excuse, lunch, errands or just not answering. 1st time I called, very helpful and suggested different things that could be wrong. I told him I'd try all of them and get back. Went to get back to him and they told me to call a wrecker so I asked about the part and they told me I'd have to pay retail for it if I did the work myself. I asked how much the part was and they said they'd call me back with the price. That was Tuesday. Haven't had a meaningful conversation since. This is a pretty big dealer. I'd trade it in but my only other choice is JD.
Do you know anyone with a pickup truck and a trailer? I don’t think you need a wrecker. It should not be that hard to get it transported.

Maybe offer to pay the dealer mileage to send a tech to your place to fix it.

/ New Tractor Problems
So a starter that could be rebuilt if necessary for around $100 at any local starter/alternator shop would cause you to spend $18k to 25k for a new tractor? At some point you have to pay for your own maintenance anyway.

Me, I would fix it and move on in life.
I didnt know you could get a starter rebuilt. I will call around tomorrow to find a place.

/ New Tractor Problems
Do you know anyone with a pickup truck and a trailer? I don’t think you need a wrecker. It should not be that hard to get it transported.

Maybe offer to pay the dealer mileage to send a tech to your place to fix it.

I have both I cant move it. I dragged it 4 feet with my truck and it left ruts in my driveway because I had the forks on the front in float. Id have to figure a way to raise them. The rotary cutter on the back I feel I could drop in place with a few good kicks but the forks IDK about.

/ New Tractor Problems #29  
Put it in float and jack the loader up high enough to load on the trailer. Then cut a piece of angle iron the length to support the cylinder so it will stay when you lower the jack.

Something like this.

1653003665132.jpeg

/ New Tractor Problems #30  

I'd be bad mouthing Branson from here to eternity.
You've already convinced me to never consider buying one.

Do you have AAA?

Might be cheaper to get the deluxe coverage. Have them tow it and have tows left over.

Hate to say it. But the past 2 times I tried to use them were both goat rodeos.

First time they were 28 hours to show up. The second recent time we waited 2 hours for a call and just drove the car to the shop.

I was glad to hear no further damage was done by driving it.

Until these last 2 adventures, everything's gone smoothly for the last, I don't know how many years.

Last edited: