New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #741  
That's generous of you. It reminds me of graphs from the sales department of a large corporation that I did some work for. Their sales dept. always skewed their graphs to back up a sales pitch - they weren't there to display exact numerical data.

It wasn't a problem. Everyone realized that sales graphs are made with a different goal.

Simiar thinking led to the Nebraska Tractor Tests.

rScotty
Sales graphs were notorious for manipulating the y axis scale, or doing cumulative vs monthly figures so there was always an upward trend.

The best moment I remember was back in the day of overhead transparencies when an accountant showed a graph with a disturbing downward trend. Then he flipped it over so it had an upward trend and said this what it should be. He then said I always wanted t do that. It took the sting off the message.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #742  
Good but confusing graph. Tends to confirm my point about sales declining in the fall.
Note that all lines start out well below 20 in January but are about 20 and above in December.

That could be explained by chasing year end numbers (and sucking the sales out of January) for incentives. I'll bet lots of corporate numbers look like that.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #743  
newbury said:
Good but confusing graph. Tends to confirm my point about sales declining in the fall.
Note that all lines start out well below 20 in January but are about 20 and above in December.

That could be explained by chasing year end numbers (and sucking the sales out of January) for incentives. I'll bet lots of corporate numbers look like that.

I think what newbury is saying is that the graph is a style that is one year long and has 4 years of data.

Now there is nothing wrong with wrapping the years like that to save space, but doing so means that the end of one year and the beginning of the next year should be the same number on the vertical axis.

But this one isn't. It drops about a third each time the year wraps around. Not right....

And that makes it confusing.

rScotty

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining
I just talked to the K & S dealer in Lubbock
TX and he said last month was great for
tractor sales but its a little slower this month
and no trouble getting parts or tractors LS &
Yanmar.

willy
Thanks for the report Willy.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #745  
Heading to Arkansas this weekend to take a look at Bruno’s. They say they have the best prices in the country, and free delivery… which is nice, since I’m in Indiana 😂. Anyone dealt with them?

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #746  
Heading to Arkansas this weekend to take a look at Bruno’s. They say they have the best prices in the country, and free delivery… which is nice, since I’m in Indiana 😂. Anyone dealt with them?
Double check their hours their website shows they are closed on Saturday and Sundays.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #748  
It works though DDG gives me crap results compares to Google when I'm searching for something.
Keep in mind tat Goggle is constantly tracking your browsing habits and through algorithm's putting ads on various sites you visit. You don't get any of that with DDG or Brave. Myself, I don't need to be led around by the nose when it comes to purchasing things. Another reason I don't frequent You Tube, I dislike the constant ads. I stick to Rumble, Parler and Truth Social.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #749  
Keep in mind tat Goggle is constantly tracking your browsing habits and through algorithm's putting ads on various sites you visit. You don't get any of that with DDG or Brave. Myself, I don't need to be led around by the nose when it comes to purchasing things. Another reason I don't frequent You Tube, I dislike the constant ads. I stick to Rumble, Parler and Truth Social.
I don't get any ads. I wouldn't pay attention to them if I did. I've tried searching for the same stuff on DDG and google(usually excavator or dirt working related) and what I'm looking for will be on page 1 of Google and page 4 or 5 of DDG.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #750  
I think what newbury is saying is that the graph is a style that is one year long and has 4 years of data.

Now there is nothing wrong with wrapping the years like that to save space, but doing so means that the end of one year and the beginning of the next year should be the same number on the vertical axis.

But this one isn't. It drops about a third each time the year wraps around. Not right....

And that makes it confusing.

rScotty
I take tour point. I think this graph is designed as it is to show year over year comparisons. If it was a 13 month graph, December - December, the end of one year and the beginning of the next year would be the same number on the vertical axis. It starts with a different month - January - so the number is necessarily different. It could be a flaky graph, or it could represent the chasing of year end numbers as companies are wont to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.