New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #161  
Just drove up to Washington from Texas. Saw someone driving a Smart car. I would not want to do that. The Prius is small enough. 80+ MPH around mountain roads with big trucks? Nope nope nope

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #163  
A smart car and motorcycle a two very different
items. I won't get in a smart car its smarter to stay
out of them a lot safer.

My wood, coal what ever will burn is probably twice my
age. I haven't used it the last few years. Using oil filled
space heater powered by solar.

willy

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #164  
There are a variety of reasons not to ride a motorcycle on the street. Loose gravel on pavement being one of them that killed the son of a friend. Another friend somehow found himself in the hospital 120 miles from here after taking a spill, and he still doesn't know how it happened. Then there's another one who lost the lower part of his leg on a motorcycle trip to Wyoming from Nashville.

I'm not sure that the typical US buyer is interested in buying a tiny EV unless it was for local in city driving and they had access to a full size vehicle for long distance trips.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #166  
A smart car could survive wet grass on the road or hitting a squirrel.

Your motorcycle is not safer. I'm pretty confident % wise, more people die on a motorcycle than in a smart car accounting for total number of users for each.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #167  
I was at my dealer yesterday and we were discussing how prices have gotten completely out of hand. I don't know how the typical homeowner is doing it. I work in a gold mine and I won't pay the prices they are asking for new stuff right now. I'll just keep what I have. Sad part is my dealer doesn't think we will ever see the prices lower to what they were pre-covid, even if the economy tanks.

Just a few prices I saw (Canada, in Canadian dollars.)

A Grand L3560 with loader and a snow blower (no extra remotes or anything else) $86,000

Just sold a BX with only a front snow blower and a Tek Tita cab...$48,000

The new John Deere Gator luxury edition with the leather seats $56,000

Glad I already have everything I need.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #169  
Anytime there's been sizeable price hikes it never goes back to where it was. Only a reset will do that.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #170  
Not just tractors. New vehicles are on the rise as well. Prices are rumored to increase 5 - 10% in 2023.

Not taking any chances. Even though they are high now, I just preordered a new 2023 vehicle and locked in the current price. I'll also get any price drop in the unlikely event one does occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.