New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,081  
Great question,I have 5 quotes on compact tractors 45-60 hp and none of them have any kind of sizable discounts,a couple give me the impression its take or leave it.Trade in value seems to be lagging also.Maybe with it being early in the year they are waiting to see what kind of buying traffic they get.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,082  
Yet demand is still strong and the economy is humming along.
Those handouts really helped. People also have a sense of “buy now, it’s only gonna get worse”

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,083  
Those handouts really helped. People also have a sense of “buy now, it’s only gonna get worse”

Ayuh, once it's physically in someone's possession it's harder to take it from them.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,084  
Another big reason for strong buying:
People are very freaked out by shortages and the all new & dreaded “supply chain interruptions”.

With everything made offshore now, who knows what the next world catastrophe might be to interrupt cars, trucks, tractors, toilet paper, toothpaste, fuel, medicine, computers, etc. All those products rely on overseas supply chains.

Anyone starting to see the light?
With all the job openings we have, it would be in our best security interest to start making things here at home again.

No, not to become isolationists, but to reassure people that when the next Covid hits and our superior intellects shut the world economy down, we have at least some of the things we need made here.

Maybe people would chill out on buying everything if they were assured they can still get the things they want?

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,085  
Yep. It’s high inflation, higher taxes, higher costs of living and, higher interest rates all combined together to make for a pitiful economic outlook.
Now the threat of higher corp taxes, 100% of which will be passed to the consumer and now threats of higher cap gains taxes. That doesn’t help.
I thing taxes, in general, are at historically low levels.

lots of negativity and doom and gloom from some sectors that apparently want the country to fail.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,087  
I thing taxes, in general, are at historically low levels.

lots of negativity and doom and gloom from some sectors that apparently want the country to fail.
I don't believe that they want the country to fail, but it seems that many are convinced that it will fail unless the media and the politicians can save it.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,090  
I don't believe that they want the country to fail, but it seems that many are convinced that it will fail unless the media and the politicians can save it.
The strange thing is that all the actions taken to address the economy is actually causing our economy to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.