New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,171  
I haven't had a house payment in over 40 years.
I have had car & truck payments. Now its just a
tractor payment and next month will be the last
payment except electric, trash, internet & phone
The wife just passed last Monday I buy very little
as I don't need much.

willy

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,173  
So that makes the current situation OK?

2 major banks failed today. That's not OK.
its the best economy ever according to the administration. So either they are lying, or it is…

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,175  
I have had PayPal refund my money after a shady seller sent defective merchandise.

In my case, I was told the package was delivered but I never got it so, the insurance was null and void and a refund was not possible since I was unable to prove it was defective or not as represented.

Turns out, what I paid for insurance on the package was totally wasted money too! I lost the value of the package, the cost of insurance, and my time trying to get restitution.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,176  
In my case, I was told the package was delivered but I never got it so, the insurance was null and void and a refund was not possible since I was unable to prove it was defective or not as represented.

Turns out, what I paid for insurance on the package was totally wasted money too! I lost the value of the package, the cost of insurance, and my time trying to get restitution.
Pretty upsetting. In my case when I received an item that was defective, I contacted the seller and they wouldn’t refund. I then called PayPal help. They sent a message to the seller who refused to respond. After 5 days, PayPal reversed the charges for that item.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,177  

That is concerning. The news is reporting SVB is the largest failure since Washington Mutual in 2008.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,178  

Apparently, it is already getting worse. Fortunately, here in Canada we’re safe. There has never been a bank failure. I just hope the contagion in the US does not spread!🥹

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,179  
So, coming back to the original subject and, stepping away from 401K's, cryptocurrencies, fed policy, etc. ...

Is now a good time to buy a new tractor or, does the majority think it is better to wait a few months or later into the Fall season?

Specifically, in my case, I am looking for a ~95HP PTO tractor with a heavy loader. I am leaning a little towards a Massey 6712/6713 with the FL3819 loader but, a gently used Kubota M5-111 with loader is a good $20K less in similar condition. A CaseIH Maxxum 115 is in the ballpark too but, will have more hours on it. This will be a third tractor for me so, annual use won't be high hours so, used may be a better option for me to take care of the heavy loads that are TOO HARD on my existing tractors and to run a larger rotary cutter in heavy cover and bigger sprayer to cut my time in the field so I can do other stuff.
You would think prices will go down over time in this economy but the problem is how can we predict the future when nothing in the recent past was predictable. What's obvious is something big is happening behind the curtains.

I have been holding off buying a sxs for a few years thinking the prices would go down. I decided to proceed and worked out a pretty good deal and bought one. I'm good with it.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,180  
The Federal Reserve, like the Post Office, is a quasi-governmental agency. All you need to do to fix the Fed is get the Government out of it.
I want the Fed gone. They do not represent the interests of the American people. They represent and are a part of the global financial system.

Status
Not open for further replies.