New Video...

/ New Video... #1  

DIRTROAD

Platinum Member
Tractor
MF231, MF240, CAT D4K2
...or actually an almost 4 year old video that I just got around to posting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hiYz-Zthog&feature=plcp&context=C2a527UDOEgsToPDskKODhltlGteaEvmOwkAUiYR]Wildland Firefighting - YouTube[/ame]

/ New Video... #2  
Nice video. I bet working in that thick smoke was rough. :thumbsup:

/ New Video... #3  
:thumbsup: The video didn't give any indication in regards to the heavy equipment the operator was using. Do you recall? I enjoyed viewing the video.

/ New Video...
:thumbsup: The video didn't give any indication in regards to the heavy equipment the operator was using. Do you recall? I enjoyed viewing the video.

Sorry, for some reason when I pasted the link it turned into an embedded video player instead of directing people to youtube to view the video. All the details were posted in the video description on youtube.

The dozer is a Deere 450G. I mounted my helmet cam just inside the protective cage, looking out. It works better mounted looking in one direction than mounted to the top of a hard hat. I tried that one time and got dizzy watching the video. I haven't used it since I made that video. I might get it out and use it this fire season though.

/ New Video...
Nice video. I bet working in that thick smoke was rough. :thumbsup:

You get used to the smoke after a while, but it is rough. Sometimes it's so thick you can't see the gauges in the dash in front of you. Makes it a little difficult to breathe and see. Sometimes it will give you the same disorienting feeling as flying through clouds.

/ New Video... #7  
Hey Mr. Dirtroad, it might not be much but thanks for enduring the smoke to fight the fires. Is the music playing in the cab or added after. There is a video on you tube of a guy digging a trench thru a swamp and he has music playing in the cab, VERY motivational music!

/ New Video... #8  
That's a different approach than walking in carrying 5 gallon Indian tanks (hand sprayers), brooms and shovels.

Are you part of the DNR operation, or the local FD?

Ken

/ New Video... #9  
Nice video. I'm surprised how close you work to the fire line. Guess fluid leaks on the dozer wouldn't be a good thing!