New welders for 2011 from Everlast

/ New welders for 2011 from Everlast #1  

Mark @ Everlast

Advertiser
Several of you have asked me about what's coming up for next year. Most of our new line is set to appear the the Atlanta FabTech show Nov. 2, so if you are in the area, come by during Nov 2-4, and you may even be able to see one weld. We have a few new changes to the older product in store as well, centered around accessory upgrades, and internal component upgrades.

I am going to post a few sneak peaks at our line over the next few weeks.

You'll see that the first unit is a serious industrial minded unit.

Its a 400 Amp Mig/Tig/Stick welder with 220 1phase( 60% duty cycle @ 225 a) and 460 3 phase (60% duty cycle @ 400 amp)capability. It has a detachable wire feeder, and it has arc force control and crater filling ability on the MIG side. It has separate tuned settings for Flux core, MIG, TIG,Stick, and even Air carbon arc operation.

Attachments

• DSCN2277.JPG
    DSCN2277.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCN2284.JPG
    DSCN2284.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCN2282.JPG
    DSCN2282.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 221
  • DSCN2287.JPG
    DSCN2287.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 267
   / New welders for 2011 from Everlast #2  
any plans for a welder to compete with like the miller bobcat thats so popular with farmers and fabricators?

/ New welders for 2011 from Everlast
Yes,
There are plans. It might be a little while though.

For 2011, we are introducing our line of all new PowerTig EX-T series of digital AC/DC Pulse welders. This unit has been developed with joint technical development and input from S. Korea. As we began thinking about new product lines after the spring introduction and success of the PowerTig line in 2009, we began a sincere effort to offer a line of units with even higher technical capability and function. Along with our thinking was a simplified design with plug and play ability of parts for quick and economical service. This is the result of our efforts.

Production and delivery is scheduled to begin early next year with models ranging from 250, 315, and even up to 400 amps will eventually be produced. For a digital welder, the controls are simple and intuitive to use. Graphical representation of each function is represented that makes setting the correct function quick and easy. Improvements in design and function will be apparent over our current series, with AC bias control which will allow individual setting of the + and - half cycle of the AC current. Combined with pulse, this is an excellent feature for controlling heat input, tungsten shape and cleaning width on Aluminum. Advanced wave form control with varying AC wave form will be available as well to further adjust arc characteristics while welding aluminum. Improved stick welding ability improves 6010 performance over the current EX series. Duty cycle will be a full 60% at 250 amps and 315 amps. Water cooler lines exit the front for convenient hook up. New and improved torches and accessories will be offered.

Pictured is our pre-production model that will be at Fabtech in Atlanta.

But for the current PowerTig fans and customers, don't worry, the current series is here to stay. You may see a few spill over improvements in the current line later down the road, but we want to improve our offerings in the higher end product line.

Attachments

• PT315EXT 14.jpg
    PT315EXT 14.jpg
    803.4 KB · Views: 243
  • PT315EXT13.jpg
    PT315EXT13.jpg
    593.5 KB · Views: 231
  • weld1ext.jpg
    weld1ext.jpg
    619.7 KB · Views: 377
On which size? I think you will see it sometime in 2011 on certain units, If not, you may see a 110V 140 A..

200 amps will not be 200 amps on 110V anyway. It would likely max out around 130-140 amps. Amp draw is a limiting factor, and additionally duty cycle falls tremendously.

/ New welders for 2011 from Everlast #9  
200 amps will not be 200 amps on 110V anyway. It would likely max out around 130-140 amps. Amp draw is a limiting factor, and additionally duty cycle falls tremendously.
No kidding... I was looking for something comparable to the Miller 211.

I see. I'll check and see if the US units will be built with the dual voltage or not for 2011