New XR3135 at Louisville Farm Show

/ New XR3135 at Louisville Farm Show #21  
What number loader do they put on the R4047? Is it the same as the XR4040 and XR4046? Just curious.

/ New XR3135 at Louisville Farm Show #22  
What number loader do they put on the R4047? Is it the same as the XR4040 and XR4046? Just curious.

R4047 - LL4101 loader - 2500 lb lift
XR4040 - LL4102 loader - 2500 lb lift
XR4046 - LL4102 loader - 2500 lb lift
Loaders probably mount different on the XR than R series

/ New XR3135 at Louisville Farm Show #24  

As George noted, I had an R4047H...it did a good job for me, but I needed to go quite a bit bigger for what I have planned now.

Other than 2lbs difference in weight, the R and XR loaders seem to be otherwise identical...probably the mounting setup as George mentioned.

/ New XR3135 at Louisville Farm Show #26  
Went to the farm show in Kansas City this weekend and talked to an LS dealer for quite a bit. He said they are going back to Mitsubishi motors with a common rail design. So no more DPF and regen cycles. He said not to buy a tractor with a DPF because resale will be terrible on those since everybody is switching over to common rail as soon as they are able to.

Before the show I had my mind set on buying an LS XR4046 but after hearing that I doubt I will unless I wait till the new motors come out. I did look at the new 3500 series Mahindra with the new common rail design and they were a really nice tractor, nice cab, and really heavy.

/ New XR3135 at Louisville Farm Show #27  
Went to the farm show in Kansas City this weekend and talked to an LS dealer for quite a bit. He said they are going back to Mitsubishi motors with a common rail design. So no more DPF and regen cycles. He said not to buy a tractor with a DPF because resale will be terrible on those since everybody is switching over to common rail as soon as they are able to.

Before the show I had my mind set on buying an LS XR4046 but after hearing that I doubt I will unless I wait till the new motors come out. I did look at the new 3500 series Mahindra with the new common rail design and they were a really nice tractor, nice cab, and really heavy.

That's interesting. LS has announced they're switching to their own engines, made in their own facility, and people have wondered whether they're a completely new design, or one built under some sort of license/agreement with another company. I'm still not so sure they're going to be able to get away with no DPF since I thought most of the other companies have gone to a common rail, turbo, with DPF setup in this size range.

/ New XR3135 at Louisville Farm Show #28  
That's interesting. LS has announced they're switching to their own engines, made in their own facility, and people have wondered whether they're a completely new design, or one built under some sort of license/agreement with another company. I'm still not so sure they're going to be able to get away with no DPF since I thought most of the other companies have gone to a common rail, turbo, with DPF setup in this size range.

The mahindra rep told me their new motors don't have a dpf. He said the motors that use dpf are use them to clean up the emissions on the back end and that newer motors will be cleaner on the front end and won't have a need for a dpf.

/ New XR3135 at Louisville Farm Show
Common rail has nothing to do with emissions that I am aware of. Maybe more fuel efficient but not enough to meet tier 4 emissions. My truck had a common rail but still needed DPF and regens to meet emission standards. The rep I spoke to at the Louisville show said that the new engines were built by LS. He was from the LS headquarters in NC.

/ New XR3135 at Louisville Farm Show #30  
We need somebody to explain what "Common Rail" is & does???? :confused3: