New Zero Turn Mower

/ New Zero Turn Mower #1  

Mattc8832

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 3032e,Snapper Pro SW20 and s200, Stihl Handhelds, BCS 830, Yamaha Rhino 700, 2 - Gravely 5260, New Holland LS 45 , 6,10 by 14 Trailer , Woods BH 6000 Towable Backhoe, Honda 21 Self Propelled, Exmark Commercial 21and shop full of tools
Got a Zero Turn friday... Snapper Pro s 200 xt with 27 hp kohler command engine, 890 hours in good shape. I just greased eveything and going to do a fluid / filter change next week. So far I like it alot just need to get a new seat the seat that is on it is stock and a little cheap. I 'm thinking about puting a set of Carlise Chevron Tires on the back to get better traction. Anyone ever put those on the back of their mower? Thanks Matt

/ New Zero Turn Mower #2  
I haven't - but I am intrigued by them. My Scag has done a decent amount of roto-tilling on my hill when the grass is damp. It's only 7 reviews, but the Amazon reviews are all positive.

/ New Zero Turn Mower #3  
I bought some R1 type lug tires for a golf cart and when I was using my Craftsman ZTR with turf tires, I was constantly getting stuck in wet spots. I finally realized that the golf cart tires were the exact same (rim included) as my Craftsman mower. I stole a pair of the lug tires off the cart and put on my mower. I haven't been stuck since. The down side is that if one is careless it will dig a hole in the yard if you try to turn too short or too quick whereas the turfs would just slick over the grass.

/ New Zero Turn Mower #4  
Turf tires will tear grass just as fast as the bar tread tires do. You have to be careful no matter what you run. I have mowed with both R1's and turf tires for years on different machines, but have turf tires on my Z now. I have a buddy that lives in OZ that uses a Hustler SZ with Carlisle AT 101's. He has some seriously steep hills to cut and finds the 101's to be a big help with traction, yet not too bad on the turf.

http://www.carlisletransportationproducts.com/product/tires/lawn-garden-golf/at101-chevron