New Zero Turn.

/ New Zero Turn. #1  

Alan W.

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3650 & Bobcat 763G & Craftsman DGS6500
Been using a lawn tractor for mowing over the years and decided to get a zero turn.
Didn’t want to spend a fortune but also didn’t want a cheap one.
Finally settled on a Husqvarna MZ 54 that would meet my needs.
Husqvarna was having them on sale at $500 off at participating dealers.
Dealers had none in stock but could get me one in less than a week but it would cost $300 shipping. Couldn’t see doing that.
Saw one at Lowes even though their website said they were unavailable.
Turns out it was a leftover from last year. The manager let me have it for $2000 off and put a new battery on it.
Now I have another toy to play with.

IMG_6855.JPG

/ New Zero Turn. #2  
Zero Turns are great; you’ll love it.

They do get stuck easily though, even in some only slightly muddy areas.

/ New Zero Turn. #3  
Nice! Once you go zero turn you will never go back to a tractor! Learn how to do the Y turn so you dont turf the grass on turns.

/ New Zero Turn. #5  
Been using a lawn tractor for mowing over the years and decided to get a zero turn.
Didn’t want to spend a fortune but also didn’t want a cheap one.
Finally settled on a Husqvarna MZ 54 that would meet my needs.
Husqvarna was having them on sale at $500 off at participating dealers.
Dealers had none in stock but could get me one in less than a week but it would cost $300 shipping. Couldn’t see doing that.
Saw one at Lowes even though their website said they were unavailable.
Turns out it was a leftover from last year. The manager let me have it for $2000 off and put a new battery on it.
Now I have another toy to play with.

View attachment 855877
Looks good! And good deal!
It’s been reported that the big box stores will not get any new Husky’s and will only be sold at dealers

/ New Zero Turn.
I mow about 3 acres counting both properties.
I am probably going to get some suspension for the seat. The ride is a bit rough on whats left of my spine.
Brands and their models come and go at the box stores. Lowes guy said they could get other Husqvarna models but not that one.
Wife was the one that finally said I needed to get it.

/ New Zero Turn. #7  
I mow about 3 acres counting both properties.
I am probably going to get some suspension for the seat. The ride is a bit rough on whats left of my spine.
Brands and their models come and go at the box stores. Lowes guy said they could get other Husqvarna models but not that one.
Wife was the one that finally said I needed to get it.

I’m guessing this will reduce your mowing time significantly!

/ New Zero Turn. #8  
Congratulations on your new 'toy'.

If you've never driven one before, practice driving it for a while without mowing... I found that (depending on which 'hand' you are), keep your 'off side' lever at a steady speed and use your 'dominate side' lever to adjust for steering. You'll understand what I mean once you get used to it.

It's fun!

/ New Zero Turn.
Ive used them quite a bit just never owned one.
My bil owns a small fleet of exmarks for his mowing outfit and my son or myself always fixed them when he had problems.
It should make mowing quite a bit quicker.