Newbie - Introduction

/ Newbie - Introduction #12  
That's a neat-looking attachment on your 8N. Never seen one like it before. What do you use it for?

It is a 50's model Dearborn cordwood saw. It is used to cut trees or limbs up to around 9" in diameter to be used as firewood. It can also be used at a saw mill to cut boards to length. I just use it for a show piece. The blade is 30" in diameter with a tip speed of 134 mph, so it makes quit a buzz while it is running. It is driven off the tractor pto by a 90 degree flat belt pulley adapter. Philip.

Attachments

• TEMP01.jpg
    TEMP01.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 91
  • TRACSAW01.jpg
    TRACSAW01.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 200
  • TRACSAW02.jpg
    TRACSAW02.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 90
   / Newbie - Introduction #13  
Looks like a portable saw mill, don't it Ace?

I like your light setup on the L3940, but where is the top of your ROPS? Shhhh! Don't show this pic to the safety police. heh heh

Thanks. This is the first tractor I ever owned with rops. Just weren't right for me, my ground is flat too. It is my risk to take. All those years running FEL's on tricyle tractors, even one armed loaders on utilities, suprised I am alive. The lights are great when snow plowing at night. Philip.

Attachments

• IMG_2724.jpg
    IMG_2724.jpg
    490.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2722.jpg
    IMG_2722.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2728.jpg
    IMG_2728.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 87
   / Newbie - Introduction
That would be a cord wood saw. Before the invent of chain saws you used a saw like that to cut small logs into firewood length pieces.

What do you mean "used to"? My 8N is still doing firewood!

Thanks for the welcomes!

Got the L2850 home today. It has P/S, draft control, and the loader. It also came with a woods finish mower and blade. Only 1150 hours on it.

The mower needs a little work. I am planning on selling both of my finish mowers since I now have a SCAG zero turn. That will cut down the cost of the tractor a bit.

Two problems with the new tractor. First is that the clutch seems to grab rather than engage smoothly. Anyone have suggestions on how to smooth it out?

Second is that the tach is not working. Is it an electric or gear driven tach? Suggestions?