/ Newbie #1  

sandboxtoy

Tractor
Kubota l3130
Hello to all, and thanks for the add.

I just purchased my first used JD tractor and was called today saying its getting delivered on Monday, 2 weeks earlier then projected.

It's a 2002 JD 4600. 1600hrs. Went to the dealer originally to look at a kubota l3130, 1300hrs but they just received the JD as a trade in and was sitting next to the kubota, wasn't even listed for sale yet. Took it for a spin and fell in love. More power and had a cab.

As this is my first tractor ever, as i never had the need to get one but now with the new home purchase and 5 acres of land i decided i needed one.

Any tips for this newbie would be helpful and appreciated. And which attachments would be best the 4600 could handle. Going to look at a 503 brush hog. Would like to get a rear mounted snowblower and Grappler after.

Here are a couple of pictures at the dealer.

Thanks! 20210219_163222.jpeg20210219_163206.jpeg20210219_163248.jpeg

/ Newbie #2  
Welcome to TBN...:) I see you bought the tractor from Chappell tractor nice people to work with......

/ Newbie #3  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Before we can advise on implements we're going to need a wee bit more information on what your intentions are for using the tractor and what land/terrain you'll be using it on.

Enjoy the site... from wherever in the world you are.

/ Newbie #4  
Welcome. Nice tractor. Profile says you bought the Kubota. Second the previous comment; What do you intend on doing? And would also ask, whereabouts you located... clearly somewhere it snows but a general vicinity helps us understand better.

/ Newbie #6  
Welcome to TBN from NE WA state. Before you jump the gun - read and UNDERSTAND you tractor Op Manual. Along with your Loader Op manual. Lots of good advice in both documents.

/ Newbie #7  
:welcome: to TBN.
Nice setup. :thumbsup:

/ Newbie #8  
Welcome to TBN and congrats on the tractor.
get used to the controls amd manual in an open flat area and have fun!