Newly installed hydraulic top link on TYM 574

/ Newly installed hydraulic top link on TYM 574 #1  

HYR

Tractor
TYM 574
Hello my fellow Tractor nuts! I just installed a hydraulic top link cylinder with 3/8" hydraulic hoses for smoother function, a trick a buddy of mine did for smoother control on his box blade. It is a TYM 574 with two sets of rear remotes; bled at the cylinder which was shipped full of fluid. The cylinder will not move in either direction. The front loader and 3-point hitch work well but have been a bit on the slower side since I got the tractor; but didn't mind as it was nice for lifting heavy buckets of dirt and a heavy mower smoothly. I am going to try opening up the hydraulic speed valve tomorrow to see if I can get the cylinder to move. It did move out one time and wouldn't move back so I cracked the return cylinder line open and pryed the cylinder back in; closing it up at the bottom of the stroke. When I bled, I made sure the end of the cylinder I was bleeding from was raised. Everything is clean and new. Any ideas or suggestions? Or am I on the correct path in opening up the speed valve a bit to see if that works?

/ Newly installed hydraulic top link on TYM 574 #2  
Did u try both sets of remotes ? Have you tried a different hydraulic cylinder just to make sure the remotes actually work ?

/ Newly installed hydraulic top link on TYM 574 #3  
If you have 2 sets of remotes are you pared up with just one spool ?

/ Newly installed hydraulic top link on TYM 574
Sorry, I was trying to help others on vintage John Deeres and didn't expect a reply so soon, Thank you !!!! I only tried the one set without float. And no, I only have the one cylinder, it's a brand new Ridged. I will try the other set of remotes tomorrow; but it is putting out pressure for when I bled the wife took a bath as I cracked the line and othing came out, then went a little more and it shot all over her and the back end of the tractor, LOL! SHE WASN'T A LAUGHING!! It does sound like a cylinder problem though! I will try the speed setting, the other remotes then I really hooe it's not the cylinder; but sounds like it could be! Thanks for your help with this, I relly appreciate it had limited time to work on it today we had to quit working on it to visit my 87 year old mother in the hospital with a UTI.

Sorry, I was trying to help others on vintage John Deeres and didn't expect a reply so soon, Thank you !!!! I only tried the one set without float. And no, I only have the one cylinder, it's a brand new Ridged. I will try the other set of remotes tomorrow; but it is putting out pressure for when I bled the wife took a bath as I cracked the line and othing came out, then went a little more and it shot all over her and the back end of the tractor, LOL! SHE WASN'T A LAUGHING!! It does sound like a cylinder problem though! I will try the speed setting, the other remotes then I really hooe it's not the cylinder; but sounds like it could be! Thanks for your help with this, I relly appreciate it had limited time to work on it today we had to quit working on it to visit my 87 year old mother in the hospital with a UTI.

/ Newly installed hydraulic top link on TYM 574 #6  
I doubt it's the cylinder. As Leejohn said, make sure you're connecting the lines properly on the remotes.

Make sure both of the cylinders connect to the either the two Quick Disconnects on top or the two on the bottom. Never one line in the upper row and the other line in the lower row, otherwise you're trying to extend with one remote and retracting with the other remote which just won't work.

Also, you don't need to crack the lines open with hydraulic systems. You can just cycle the cylinder a couple of times and it will be good to go.

Thank you very much Lee John and cycle dude!!!! I figured out the problems! The tractor is new, assembly at the dealership. I haven't finnished my garage and have no direct lighting on the side I am working on. I was going off the owner's manual on ports A and B on the control valve, which after it didn't work with changing ports and opening up the speed valve I saw faint stamps on the rod ends. The book shows in a picture A on top & B on the bottom. It is the exact opposite on the tractor and the linkage was way out of adjustment! Working just fine now! I guess there is a bit more than we know that is lost in translation, I know you have to decypher a Japanese product service manual. I had limited time and didn't notice the problem. Sure glad it wasn't a bad cylinder!!!!! Very glad for all your help! Your responses were key to getting my head straight and getting it done! Thanks again guys!!!!!

Thank you Ptsg!!!

/ Newly installed hydraulic top link on TYM 574 #9  
Don’t ever bleed a line under pressure like that again ! Very dangerous, fortunately your wife or yourself don’t seem to be very seriously injured . Glad to see that you figured out the problem.

• Good Post
Reactions: HEC