Next mod to L2501!

/ Next mod to L2501! #1  

gwstang

Platinum Member
Tractor
1952 Ford 8N / Kubota L2501
Well, I added the led's to the rops and a switch on/off. Then added a bigger tool box to replace that useless one that comes on the new Kubotas. Next is moving my electric wench/remote and wiring to the Kubota, from the old 8N. I removed the wiring (quite a bit to a remote type 12V wench) and cleaned it up a bit. I'll try to do this in the morning and post some pics. I may have to add some longer heavy cable to the rear for hookup, the Kubota may be a little longer or such. The power cable has to be heavy duty to the wench as it draws a good bit of power to run. A wench is very handy for pulling trees out of inaccessible areas where you don't really want to drive the tractor into. I've only seen a couple of large trees that the wench would struggle with and wound up cutting them up a big more to move. When I originally got the wench to use on the old Ford, I got a wench mount from harbor freight and mounted it to a cross bar to hook up to the 3 point hitch. The only problem is that the bar/wench is quite heavy to pick up and mount to the 3 point. :eek: It's easy to slip into the arms....just heavy for an old fart like me...:laughing: I wonder if anyone has added a wench mount and welded it on top of an FEL where it would be out of the way and just slipping the wench into the mount when needed? That would be even handier and leave the 3 point hitch for adding the box blade or such for more weight to the rears. The mount also has the trailer hitch attached to it for even better usage.

/ Next mod to L2501! #2  
This is one of the neatest set ups I have seen. It is hydraulic but your electric should work. You could even put a second deep cycle battery back there. I have seen other nice ones built around a quick hitch type frame here on tbn. Maybe a search would turn them up.

Putting it on the FEL sounds interesting.

DSC00650.jpg

DSC00652.jpg

gg

/ Next mod to L2501!
That looks like a serous setup. I do have to get longer cables to the wench. On the old 8N, the control box mounted under the little flip up door where the gas cap is at (just in front of the steering wheel). I had to mount the control box up front by the battery on the Kubota. Some longer cables that reach to the rear should do it.