NH Snowblower Pricing

/ NH Snowblower Pricing #1  

DVerbarg

Platinum Member
Tractor
No longer have :-(
With all this snow I decided that the 'ole blade just wasn't good enough. Started to look for a blower (of course they are all sold) and was more than a little amazed at the different price differences. Yeah, yeah there are differences in how the pieces of equipment are made, but as I discovered there are major differences in how equipment is priced that is manufactured by the same company with different names.

For instance: I received a quote of $3800 for a NH 72" snow blower. Nice piece of equipment but too much for my taste. Found Loftness Mfg and asked them where I could buy their equipment and during our discussion they mentioned that they make the blowers for NH. My curiosity was killing me and had to ask what their suggested retail for the 72" blower was (same heavy duty model that NH sells) and was told that it cost $2800! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif NH charges an additional $1000 premium for their sticker?! I can get the exact same blower that NH sells for $1000 less, same color, minus NH stickers and get it in a week (NH says 6 weeks).

I know that many manufacturers do OEM work but this price difference suprised me. Any other stories out there?

DaveV

/ NH Snowblower Pricing #2  
Dave, in my local paper there is a 6' snowblower,hyd operated it says all for $1400,and no I didn't call to see if its sold.too big for me.Tom

/ NH Snowblower Pricing #3  
Dave,
I believe it was on 20/20 they did a story call "Paying for the Name"

Another good example,Chevy S-10 x-cab auto trans 3rd door 2wd loaded 2000 to a compare to the sister p/u GMC Snoma w/ the same features as the Chevy S-10.
The price tag was $2,875.oo /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif and I guess you know which one I purchase in April. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Even Sears does the same with there lawn an graden tractors..and I believe its the KMart brand.

Most of us have attachments in which doesn't match our tractor brand name,and I believe its do to the high price.

Keep those banks push back and have a pleasant day.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ NH Snowblower Pricing #4  
Are you looking for a 3pt or a front mount? I just got a Meteor brand, 5', 3pt for $1,600 (total, delivered). Works great, but it can be a pain if you hate watching over your shoulder /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif. For the price, though, I couldn't go wrong.