NH TC29DA: adding rear remotes, Where can I get power beyond?

/ NH TC29DA: adding rear remotes, Where can I get power beyond? #1  

keony

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC29DA
It was recommended to tap into power beyond at the joystick. I'm a newby to hydraulics. I've attached photos of my joystick. Anybody recognize the joystick (it is not as shown on my parts diagram)? How to get power beyond? Thanks.
joystick labeled.jpg

/ NH TC29DA: adding rear remotes, Where can I get power beyond?
And another angle of the joystick:joystick2.jpg

/ NH TC29DA: adding rear remotes, Where can I get power beyond? #3  
If I am seeing things correctly your joystick has 7 hoses connected to it.

What this means is that you are already utilizing the Power Beyond capabilities of your loader valve.

I marked up your photo to show the letters PB for power beyond.

All is not lost however. If you buy your next valve with the power beyond feature (remember there is an optional sleeve or plug that must be installed to activate PB) then you can feed the next valve's IN port with the power beyond from your existing valve.

Then you use the new valve's PB port to feed the original power beyond hose that you disconnected.

I know this is confusing so please ask more.

Dave M7040

Attachments

• forum pb.jpg
    forum pb.jpg
    579 KB · Views: 219
Thanks Dave. Actually your explanation is clear. My new valve does have power beyond. So, I remove this pipe, take the PB from loader valve to new valve, new PB to the hydraulic block.
Any experience with using pipes? I have none and it seems replacing with a hose would make routing easier. Thanks again.

/ NH TC29DA: adding rear remotes, Where can I get power beyond? #5  
Thanks Dave. Actually your explanation is clear. My new valve does have power beyond. So, I remove this pipe, take the PB from loader valve to new valve, new PB to the hydraulic block.
Any experience with using pipes? I have none and it seems replacing with a hose would make routing easier. Thanks again.

Steel pipes are not easy to alter and most will switch to hose when making changes.

Dave M7040

Roger that Dave, I'll switch to hoses, thanks.

/ NH TC29DA: adding rear remotes, Where can I get power beyond? #7  
What exactly are you trieing to do? when I added my 758c hoe I installed a kit that taps in to the PB port and rerouts hydro fluid making 3 point in operable when you are using hoe . when you take off hoe you just plug hose back in and 3 point works again. Also added factory remotes so mybe I can help .:drink:

Thanks Spitter. I am adding two sets of rear remotes, I don't want to disable the 3 PT. I didn't want to spend the mega bucks that Messick's wants for the dual rear remote factory kits so I'm doing it myself. Where did you get your PB port kit, maybe they other kits?

/ NH TC29DA: adding rear remotes, Where can I get power beyond? #9  
I found factory remotes for less than half of what NH wants for new in a NH junk yard:cool2:{long lane tractors] it's a stones throw away from messsics . It took a long time to find but if you get lucky like I did maybe you could still fin them.Other wise if you do a search here for adding rear remotes [noteably pistons how I added rear remotes ] thread probably has the best directions on how to do it . The hose kit I installed is just a installation kit from NH for a 758c hoe . Nothing special all parts you can buy for way cheaper at any on line hydro place . Plenty of info here on remotes you just have to do you research I don't know how to do it from scratch you should be able to read how everyone else did theirs.:drink:

Thanks Spitter. I've been researching all winter, feeling confident right now.