NH TC30 Radiator Isolator bushing question

/ NH TC30 Radiator Isolator bushing question #1  

TASMAN17

Tractor
NH TC30, Ford 8N
Does anyone know if the top bolt on the bushing screws into a nut fixed in place on the radiator mount, or does it slide through the hole and a nut gets screwed down on it? Schematic doesn't show a nut going onto the bolt, but on tractor looks like it is screwed down. Have a replacement bushing, bottom nut removed easily and broken rubber with bottom plate/bolt removed, but need to take off the bolt and plate on the top part of the old one. Nothing moving, so trying to decide whether, how and where to cut off or drill out the bolt. Part 16 in the diagram
Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 6.50.36 PM.png

/ NH TC30 Radiator Isolator bushing question #2  
Whats the new part (16)look like does it have a threaded stud through it....

/ NH TC30 Radiator Isolator bushing question
(2) threaded bolts welded to a round plate at each end, rubber hockey puck sandwiched between the two plates

/ NH TC30 Radiator Isolator bushing question #4  
Did you try to unscrew it from the bottom of the radiator bracket the nut might be welded....

i've been soaking it in PB Blaster a while and working on it, but I didn't have my reading glasses w/me and getting too old to see up close. Looking at the schematic tonight got me wondering if the to mount nut is welded to the mount frame. Tomorrow I will have to hit it w degreaser and wear my glasses to see if I can see, but I was hoping somebody might know before I waste too much time and effort. At this point I just want to cut or bore it out and move on, but I would feel better if I knew whether the bolt is meant to screw into the nut or the nut to screw onto the bolt.

Bottom threaded bolt just drops through an unthreaded hole in a bracket on the frame, and nut and washer screw onto it to secure it.

/ NH TC30 Radiator Isolator bushing question #6  
Looks welded to the mount.....

Did you try to unscrew it from the bottom of the radiator bracket the nut might be welded....
tried but not much purchase, but that's why I asked - it it is that way I will attack harder from below, thx

yeah, pretty much my style ... flail at it, mess it up, ignore obvious signs it's not working, go for a complicated fix... and THEN go and check a diagram.

maybe I will try notching the metal plate on the underside with a cutting disk get some grip on it and try to spin it out . And carry a pair of cheater glasses on me too

Looks welded to the mount.....
yup, it's official, I am an idiot. Couldn't stand thinking about it anymore, went over to the barn with my reading glasses - the nut is welded. Notched the plate on the bottom with a cutting disk, smacked it once with a cold chisel, and out she spun. I just wasted a good part of my life. Only smart thing I did today is at least I didn't try to go at it with a cheater bar.

Cold out here tonight so I'll pop the new one on tomorrow, but thanks for helping me think it thro. Guess its time I start hanging my readers from a chain on my neck like a librarian...
'

Last edited: