Price Check NH TC40 vs JD4500 Price Quotes

/ NH TC40 vs JD4500 Price Quotes #1  

labjr

I received quotes from 2 diffterent JD and NH dealers today. The NH TC40 with FWD, Dual SCVs, R4's (loaded) 16LA FEL wit Heavy Duty Bucket $19475.00, 758C Backhoe $6975.00, 6' Heavy Duty Box Scraper $550, 5' Heavy Duty Bush Hog with slip clutch and chains $1650.00 Total Price with setup and delivery $28650.00.

The John Deere 4500 with FWD, Power-Reverser Tranny, R4's (loaded) and Dual SCVs was $16500.00, 460 FEL with Heavy Duty Bucket $3300.00, (Total Tractor + FEL = $19,800.00) 6' Heavy Duty Box Scraper $550.00, 5' MX5 Bushhog with slip clutch and chains $1395.00, 48 Backhoe $6600.00. Total with setup and delivery $28,345.00.

I think the Bush Hog on the NH is a little heavier, so it's almost an exact match price wise. Both dealerships have excellent reputations and both are equidistant from me. All things being equal, I'm leaning towards the JD, but am not certain. Any (informed) opinions?

/ NH TC40 vs JD4500 Price Quotes #2  
I was wonder why you have consider the L series Kubota line.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ NH TC40 vs JD4500 Price Quotes #3  
labjr, I can't speek for the JD, but the NH has some really great features that the JD may not have. The great view from the seat you can see much of the bucket clearly. The location and features of the joystick for the loader, the HST and the no-clutch with being able to flip a switch and jump in speed or just push the button on the loader joystick.
And I just added lights to the top of my ROPS and I was really impressed that every wire is marked with the circut number and guage that you can map directly back to the OM diagram. A 6th grader couold figure the wiring bundles out.
(I'm glad though I went to college though).
Definitely, get the HD bucket on the NH though and I would recommend the grill/brush guard (not standard and runs about ~$150).
Gary

/ NH TC40 vs JD4500 Price Quotes
The local Kubota dealer was asking almost Full List Price for his equipment and spent more time "running down" the other brands than in selling his own. It's not the type of service I am looking for in a dealership.

/ NH TC40 vs JD4500 Price Quotes #5  
Did you consider the TC45, or was the jump in hp too pricey. The estimate you received for the HH appears to be a fair price. I like the NH ergonomics and faced with the same hp, I would choose it. But, for slightly highr hp, I would choose the Deere.

/ NH TC40 vs JD4500 Price Quotes #6  
I did the same comparison last summer and ended up with the TC40D because my wife was more apt to use the NH unit. The 3pt hitch system is much easier to hook-up on the NH than the JD. The ergonomics are subjective but the majority of people who try both say the NH is a little nicer, especially when when a 2nd or 3rd hydraulic valve is added.

Either way you will be pleased with your purchase as both manufacturers seem to have any engineering issues behind them.

If you haven't yet, ask for references from the dealer of people who have had problems/service issues with their machines. This way you can find out how the dealer responds the customer needs, not just initial dollars.

DaveV