NH tc45da uses coolant

/ NH tc45da uses coolant #1  

Marslander51

Tractor
New Holland TC 45DA
My 2006 new holland boomer has been using some coolant. I noticed the overflow tank was empty and was able to add a whole gallon of premix coolant directly into the radiator.

I’ve never seen signs of leakage , and the engine oil is at a stable level and shows no sign of coolant present .

I guess it’s only leaking when hot and steaming off. How can I determine the cause?
Jim
Alaska

/ NH tc45da uses coolant
I should add it’s been six months and probably 20 operating hours since I had checked the coolant.

/ NH tc45da uses coolant #3  
Yikes. That's a lot of coolant to account for in 20 hours of use. I would start by taking a very close look for a leak, particularly at the radiator hose connections, and all around the engine / radiator.
What does the exhaust look like?

/ NH tc45da uses coolant #4  
I have noticed a slight drip from two locations on my TC45DA it has just over 1230 hrs. The radiator tanks and the block drain.

I am planning to remove the radiator and have it cleaned and pressure tested and fixed as needed. When I do that will replace the block drain petcock.

You might want to check those two things.

Beyond that I would check the water pump weep hole and the bearings for wobbling before delving into engine stuff.