Nissan Frontier Concept - w/Cummins Diesel

/ Nissan Frontier Concept - w/Cummins Diesel #2  
That is very interesting! I don't know how anybody can paint a truck like that though. That looks so cheap and gawdy! Sometimes I see a truck on the road and I think, what a POS, as in collision damage or rust and then find out it's a graphic or something. Saw one yesterday, and I thought he side swiped something, only to see upon closer inspection that it was a decal!

Wildly decorated vehicles look so much more tired a few years down the road then something plain-jane. Curious, if one could get this plane jane, one colour and with out that hideous sheit on the roof?

I had to look at that thing again. It does look like something assembled from a wrecking yard! Not even the front and back wheels are the same colour!

/ Nissan Frontier Concept - w/Cummins Diesel #3  
Have to agree with Industrial. The lesser bling on my vehicle, the happier I am. Remember, every chunk of chrome or plastic means at least 2 additional holes in your body for rust to start.

/ Nissan Frontier Concept - w/Cummins Diesel
Yeah, the article's bloggers ripped the juvenile paint job too, but i guess they must sell a number of these to juniors that can't afford 'em. I see macho trucks around town - exclusively driven by young men.

Yeah, I know - I was one too, but never spent all my loot on guady truck junk.

Anyway, it seems the light duty pickup truck diesel war is on? Interesting timing with the high price of EPA Tier IV emissions components & high price of low sulfur diesel fuel. This was needed 30 years ago - taken the public that long to get over GM's poisoning of light duty diesel market in the U.S.

Oy, what a country! :pullinghair:

/ Nissan Frontier Concept - w/Cummins Diesel #5  
For a concept, it looks like they'd redesign the truck. The frontier has been that body style for how many years?
Travis

/ Nissan Frontier Concept - w/Cummins Diesel #6  
For a concept, it looks like they'd redesign the truck. The frontier has been that body style for how many years?
Travis

That's what I was thinking. If you're going to throw a diesel into a truck then don't do it in a truck that's got a dated look. Do it right. I don't understand the alliance Nissan has with Renault but it almost seams like the connection hampers Nissan.

/ Nissan Frontier Concept - w/Cummins Diesel #7  
For a concept, it looks like they'd redesign the truck. The frontier has been that body style for how many years? Travis

I don't get it either.... Same looking truck that's been on the road for many years w a crappy paint scheme. What's the concept ?? A Diesel engine that they will never release?

/ Nissan Frontier Concept - w/Cummins Diesel #8  
I agree it should have been redesigned or at least freshened for this release. The mileage seems a little low, the article claims 28-29 but I think the 4 cylinder cummins would get better. The half ton ram is rated at 28 and the grand Cherokee is coming in at 30-31 for real world highway mileage.

/ Nissan Frontier Concept - w/Cummins Diesel #9  
I'm thinking it's just a concept to gauge the public's interest for a diesel Frontier and the current Frontier is all that's available for the mock-up. An all new or substantially redesigned Frontier (which may or may not have a diesel option) should be out by 2016.
Here's a survey to take; http://auto.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_79BuAZVBeR2kZ5r

/ Nissan Frontier Concept - w/Cummins Diesel #10  
i like me a 4 cylinder cummins, the 4BT, not sure what to think of this new one. and i hope it would do better than 29MPGs