Nissan Titan

/ Nissan Titan #1  

deerefan

Veteran Member
Tractor
1952 8N, 2005 JD 5103
We are looking for a second truck as we use the 2500 Ram mainly for our side business. Any input on the Titan with the gas engine? Looking for 16 or newer. Will be our daily truck, towing infrequently.

/ Nissan Titan #2  
We are looking for a second truck as we use the 2500 Ram mainly for our side business. Any input on the Titan with the gas engine? Looking for 16 or newer. Will be our daily truck, towing infrequently.

Why not buy another Ram, they do come in different sizes :p

/ Nissan Titan
Why not buy another Ram, they do come in different sizes :p

I bought the Ram for the Cummins honestly. I had a Tundra previously but they are a little pricey. The Ram we have has been great, it stays busy hauling equipment.

/ Nissan Titan #4  
I would choose a Ram 1500 with the 5.7 hemi over the titan IMHO.

/ Nissan Titan #7  
And why, sir, would you do that?

Personal choice.Had good luck with all of my dodge/ram trucks dating back to 2004.My 2016 Ram 2500 with the 6.4 hemi.

Attachments

• IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:
   / Nissan Titan #8  
The reason I didn't go with any of the big three is simply the fact that basically none of them will honor warranty in the event of any catastrophic failures. I had a 2001 Ram 1500, 5.2 auto, 4x4 that was just a daily driver, never towed anything. It was mint condition at 67k miles when I had to get rid of it. The trans blew up three times within the warranty period, they never repaired it fully, it slipped so bad it got 9mpg and couldn't go into passing gear without flying into neutral. Dodge refused warranty repair. The advice from HQ customer service was "get a lawyer" when I called to try and get them to play ball and fix the truck the last time it died.

Now with the new V8s all using multi-displacement systems, the top end of the motors have a myriad of solenoids, drive belts and other complexity. If they go wrong, you lose the whole engine. If you read the forums for each of the makes, all three GM, Dodge and Ford routinely refuse warranty repairs, even with purchased extended warranties. This means you have a blown motor in a $50k+ vehicle that you have to pay out of pocket to replace before you can even try and sell it to rid yourself of it. That's bad enough if you can write the check for $13k+ for a new motor, but many people can't even think about that and will wind up bankrupt owing a bank on a truck with no engine in it.

I don't know anything about the Titans, but they were on my list when I looked at the Tundra I bought. Nissan had said they were discontinuing the Titan so I skipped it...turns out they just meant to say they were coming out with a new model. I'm hoping I don't have the same issue I had with Dodge should anything go wrong with this truck.