No engine oil or filter available from the dealer I bought a new Boomer 55 from

/ No engine oil or filter available from the dealer I bought a new Boomer 55 from #1  

Dave1953

Silver Member
Tractor
5000 Ford, 2019 New Holland Boomer 55 Cab, 935GBH BH
My new Boomer just hit 50 hours so I call the dealer to see if they have the 4 filters and the correct oil for it before I make a trip there. Surely to goodness they do but I call just to make sure. The owners manual says use Ambra 0W-40 oil. The parts guy says they don't have and have NEVER had 0W-40 oil and they use 15W-40 and that Ambra oil isn't available any more it's called something else. So then I ask him if they have an engine oil filter for it and after 5 minutes of typing on the computer he says that he don't know if they have a engine oil filter there or not but they can order one. I didn't dare ask about the 2 hydro and fuel filters because I just don't have the time to wait. I just ordered them on eBay from the dealer that makes up the filter packages for your particular tractor. When I started with Ford tractors in the 1960's they had a wire bin setting in the middle of the floor full of oil filters that fit any tractor they sold and there was no computer to have to look up the number. Any Ford car filter made from 1958 up would work on your tractor too. Now we have become civilized to the point that the dealer you purchased the tractor new from can't even sell you the engine oil or filter for it. What's the factory rep gonna say when you have an issue and he asks you what kind of oil you run and you have to tell him the dealer don't have the oil that supposed to go in it. I give up!

/ No engine oil or filter available from the dealer I bought a new Boomer 55 from #2  
Get the numbers and look online. For my last oil change on the 2025R, I just ordered an oil filter online.

/ No engine oil or filter available from the dealer I bought a new Boomer 55 from #3  
1637363763634.png

/ No engine oil or filter available from the dealer I bought a new Boomer 55 from #4  
supply line issues make it harder for dealer too. i usually have a stack of oil filters, plugs,air filters for the generators i service. im down to 6 oil filters. ive had 90 new ones on order for 3 months. still have not come in. i ordered 20 group26 batteries 2 months ago. got 5. i did get 150 assorted spark plug in finally, and 88 air filters, so thats something. i only waited a few months for those.

its just how it is right now.

/ No engine oil or filter available from the dealer I bought a new Boomer 55 from #5  
So much for just in time inventory...

I always like to keep supplies in house...

Went to order a steam trap that I started paying $70 for back in 1995...

Quote from manufacturer this week $495...

The Kicker is expected delivery 120 days.

I said can I rely on 120 days and was told no saying some items ordered last January are now just coming in...

I have two spares that I paid $250 January 2020 and used one yesterday...

/ No engine oil or filter available from the dealer I bought a new Boomer 55 from #6  
im still waiting on a 24kw generac generator i ordered March 17th. they have no idea when it will arrive......

/ No engine oil or filter available from the dealer I bought a new Boomer 55 from #7  
I question why manufactures continue to advertise deals and incentives without inventory to deliver/maintain?

Generac is offering no charge extended 7 year warranties everywhere I look here in the SFBay Area...

/ No engine oil or filter available from the dealer I bought a new Boomer 55 from #8  
Thank goodness I have an awesome Kubota dealer. Never had a problem getting any parts. Yes I purchased all filters during the pandemic, no issues. Fully stocked on engine and hydraulic oil, etc. Great dealer.

/ No engine oil or filter available from the dealer I bought a new Boomer 55 from #9  
Well when Ford actually sold tractor, the selection was a lot smaller and they used a common engine in a lot of models. Now, everyone demands a different tractor engine transmission combination. On top of that, engines are made to a tighter tolerance now so filters become more specific. Go to your GM dealer and ask for a filter for your 1975 Chevrolet and they will look at you like you are a nut.

/ No engine oil or filter available from the dealer I bought a new Boomer 55 from #10  
I question why manufactures continue to advertise deals and incentives without inventory to deliver/maintain?

Generac is offering no charge extended 7 year warranties everywhere I look here in the SFBay Area...
The guarantee is probably that it will arrive some time in the next 7 years.😚😚🤣👺