No Fan - Kawasaki Mule 2500

/ No Fan - Kawasaki Mule 2500 #11  
Just a wild guess, from looking at parts drawing. Since it has a gasket and there are two, I think these are it?? :unsure:
2500enginecrankcase.JPG
2500enginecrankcase.JPG

/ No Fan - Kawasaki Mule 2500
I drove the Mule up the ramp into the barn which put the front wheels about 1foot higher. Ran for about 15 minutes and got no bubbles at the radiator and no air out of the (what I think) bleeder valve on the top of the engine. Next I'll try hot wiring the fan so see if it even works. Can't take a chance on ruining the engine, so I'm going to make arrangements to take it in for service and let the experts figure it out.

Thanks to all for your help and advice!

Maybe I should have asked this question first: How hot does the engine/coolant have to get before the fan will kick in? My farm is only 25acres and 99% of the time the Mule never leaves my farm. Short hauls only with rare exception a trip around the upper pasture to check on the 5 acres I lease out. Is it possible that the system just isn't getting hot enough for the fan to turn ON? The dash light for overheating has never come ON so that won't help me but in past years a trip to the upper pasture always turned ON the fan. As always suggestions and advice are appreciated.

/ No Fan - Kawasaki Mule 2500 #14  
I can't give a temp for the fan to switch on. You might need a service manual for that.
When I had my Mule 2510, the only time I noticed the fan come on was at shutdown after use in, parked in the barn. With the coolant no longer being pumped and no air flow through the radiator, the fan would kick on.
When my fan switch failed, I got the warning light on the dash for first time ever.
I found the radiator switch, bypassed it and the fan came on.
Kawasaki wanted a insanely high price for a new one. EBay had one for much less.
I had to pull the right front wheel and inner fender to get to it. If you are quick you can swap in a new switch with minimum coolant loss.

Have you bypassed the switch to test the fan?

I can't give a temp for the fan to switch on. You might need a service manual for that.
When I had my Mule 2510, the only time I noticed the fan come on was at shutdown after use in, parked in the barn. With the coolant no longer being pumped and no air flow through the radiator, the fan would kick on.
When my fan switch failed, I got the warning light on the dash for first time ever.
I found the radiator switch, bypassed it and the fan came on.
Kawasaki wanted a insanely high price for a new one. EBay had one for much less.
I had to pull the right front wheel and inner fender to get to it. If you are quick you can swap in a new switch with minimum coolant loss.

Have you bypassed the switch to test the f

/ No Fan - Kawasaki Mule 2500 #16  
I drove the Mule up the ramp into the barn which put the front wheels about 1foot higher. Ran for about 15 minutes and got no bubbles at the radiator and no air out of the (what I think) bleeder valve on the top of the engine. Next I'll try hot wiring the fan so see if it even works. Can't take a chance on ruining the engine, so I'm going to make arrangements to take it in for service and let the experts figure it out.

Thanks to all for your help and advice!
That would be wise at this point. The cost is minor compared to burning engine up.
Let us know what they said about routinly changing water pump. Me thinks that is the problem.

Not yet but hope to get to it over the weekend. Regardless, as soon as the truck is back from service next week, I plan to call the Kawasaki repair shop.

Update: (sorry for the long time gone, but life got busy) Finally found a local shop that was willing to work on it. They found the fan did work when direct wired, and set about adding a switch and wiring the fan directly so I can just use it when necessary. In the process, they also checked the oil and coolant and found oil in the coolant and coolant in the oil. Blown head gaskets. Not what I wanted to hear, but better than a new motor expense. Hope to have it back from the shop late next week.

UPDATE: Local repair shop replaced head gaskets and found no internal problems (valves and cylinders were OK). Machine runs great now. Starts right up and runs smoother than ever. Fan was not rewired as it came on right away when they ran it until coolant temp reached 190 (I think that's what he said). Oil and coolant look clean and fresh though I've probably only run it about an hour so far.

Thanks for all your advice and suggestions!