No Loader

/ No Loader #11  
I'm so glad I bought mine last year before real supply problems was a fact. I even got my for "layover pricing" being it was a 2019 model.

Thinking the same thing. Bought a BX2380 last June or July from an out of state dealer. It had no loader when I made the deal. The more I thought about it, the more I thought I would kick myself for having the little tractor with no loader for the light duty stuff I'd rather not do with a skid steer.
Called the dealer and told them I'd pay out of pocket up front for the loader and to install it before they delivered. I guess it turned out to be a good move.

/ No Loader #12  
Yep...lot new tractor owners with in year finding out the same thing,looks like year before sign of improvement.

/ No Loader #13  
:unsure: Isn't that what happened last year? ;)

Rather frustrating, but highly illustrative and given how much things have changed I suspect the next decade will be interesting as more people try to become more self-sufficient ... until they lull themselves back into over-reliance on others and divest themselves of the land and equipment that require so much time/effort to maintain.

Hopefully, I'm wrong and things will smooth out sooner rather than later (particularly given the current insanity may delay my getting a replacement truck:cautious:) .... but I've found that if I expect and plan for worse than the worst (while hoping for the best) I find myself being pleasantly surprised when the situation comes out somewhere in between the extremes (as it usually does).
Everyone and our nation should be doing that. We need to build more things HERE, rather than rely on unfriendly nations for everyday products as well as sophisticated electronics.
I can’t believe we used to make so much here and have given up all the freedom and self sufficiency that came along with it.

/ No Loader #14  
Everyone and our nation should be doing that. We need to build more things HERE, rather than rely on unfriendly nations for everyday products as well as sophisticated electronics.
I can’t believe we used to make so much here and have given up all the freedom and self sufficiency that came along with it.
Agreed... but getting back to that place is going to take a big investment and is going to take a work force that is willing to work. "Build in the USA" requires a mindset I think we have lost. I supervise 30 somethings.. They have been led to believe that they work to live - they do not live to work. They are not willing to go over the top and get the job done. They want their leisure activities.

Sometimes we just have to get things done and our leisure/pleasure has to be set aside. My guess is few on this forum have the mind set about wanting leisure and pleasure for we find our leisure/pleasure in accomplishing things - getting things done - doing hard work that takes sweat and often ends up in body pain. I'm not sure others share our work ethic. Its different.

I'm 65 - coming to the end of my days in the office. I like my days on the mountain and on the tractor. I like sweating and then seeing things accomplished. Office work accomplishment is much harder to see clearly.

Maybe I am just becoming a curmudgeon... Probably! :ROFLMAO:

/ No Loader #15  
I know it will pass eventually. I'm just frustrated. I wanted to build my retirement home next year. The building dept. wont give me a building permit untill I reduce the fire hazard. I need the Fel to get it done. Now I'm 6 months behind which means I won't be able to build until 2023.
If I were you it sounds like I'd be learning how the old timers did it with nothing other than a 3PT. Heck, for a long time it was just a draw bar. I hate to say this but I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the new expected delivery date you got, and that is nothing against your dealer or Kubota because I don't really feel it's their fault if the date is wrong.

What kind of work do you need to get done?

/ No Loader #16  
Yep, that’s the same story everywhere, you’re not alone. Virtually every market has been affected.
The dealers are doing their best to establish accurate ETA’s but they’re often wrong as market and manufacturing conditions continue to fluctuate. In these situations, patience is key.

Mike

/ No Loader #17  
I know it will pass eventually. I'm just frustrated. I wanted to build my retirement home next year. The building dept. wont give me a building permit untill I reduce the fire hazard. I need the Fel to get it done. Now I'm 6 months behind which means I won't be able to build until 2023.

What about alternatives? Talk to the building dept? Get a used tractor? Do other work on the land? Refine the plans? Stockpile some materials?

/ No Loader
The 15 acre property is severely overgrown with brush and smaller trees. It has been totally neglected since 1922. I am selectively pulling the smaller trees and brush and moving it to places I can either burn it or chip it. I have a grapple on order from EA that's due to ship any day now. In the mean time I got an adaptor for the 3 point to quick hitch so I can use my FEL implements on the 3 point. I'm using the tree puller on the 3 point to pull trees and brush. Its just much slower than using it on the FEL. The picture of the chipper is on my old tractor.
20210411_084231.jpg
VZM.IMG_20170812_110333.jpg

/ No Loader
The property when we first got it. Im thinking I might just hire a Mastication service and get it done all at once. Its just very expencive.
1080.jpeg1091.jpeg