No more 'treadle pedal'

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #11  
Not two pedals, just a smaller treadle.

Attachments

• BE40583E-04E9-4AF5-BD74-713A294FCA45.png
    BE40583E-04E9-4AF5-BD74-713A294FCA45.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 491
   / No more 'treadle pedal' #12  
I love the treadle pedal on my tractor and hate the JD I have to drive when I volunteer to cut grass at the Church camp. Every tractor should have a treadle pedal. The World would be a better place.
What?! The church can afford a JD? Donations wisely spent?

Just kidding. I have a Deere mower and while it was expensive, it is bulletproof, never has an issue, easy to use, hates grass, lives happily with my negligent maintenance schedule, and is like the energizer bunny. Worth every penny.

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #13  
They've been using that pedal for quite a while. The 2016 l6060 i used to run had it so I assume since the 60 series came out. I like it quite a bit despite usually hating everything that's electric over hydraulic. I'm really picky about control feel and response and haven't had any issue with it over about 3000 hours of use. I guess my leg feels slightly more extended than i'd want when going forward but thats being super nitpicky.

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #14  
I'm liking the 4X3 with a clutch pedal the more I read this.

But I will admit, the two tractors I used today were both hydros. ;-)

I was moving sand and stone, preparing to put down walkway pavers, so leveling and grading etc. It was nice to be able to move the tractor while standing next to it by just pressing the pedal with my hand ;-)

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #15  
That’s been around for a long time. My L3240 that was like a 2008 had that pedal. The economy tractors get the long mechanical pedal and the higher option ones get the shorter drive by wire pedal. I really don’t see why there’s so much hate for the long pedal. It works fine as long as you don’t put your whole foot on it. The short pedal is the better design though imo. I’ve never liked the 2 pedal setup.

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #16  
That’s been around for a long time. My L3240 that was like a 2008 had that pedal. The economy tractors get the long mechanical pedal and the higher option ones get the shorter drive by wire pedal. I really don’t see why there’s so much hate for the long pedal. It works fine as long as you don’t put your whole foot on it. The short pedal is the better design though imo. I’ve never liked the 2 pedal setup.
My 2021 MX has the long mechanical pedal.

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #18  
With a bad right leg the treadle on the BX and B series was a pain. Upgraded to an L with cab and the re designed peddle is a dream

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #19  
This isn't new, in fact Kubota has had 3-4 different "treadle" setups for at least 10 years, probably longer.

The one shown here is more of a rocker, and tends to be on tractors with the HST+ and electronic (fly by wire) controls. Your entire foot can rest on that one and pivot at ankle, or use combo knee pivot and ankle.

There is also a longer mechanical treadle, completely above the floor, with front pad and rear peg. You operate that one by alternating heel or toe on the floor in the middle and opposite end of boot on the respective peg. Pivot at the knee, press with ankle.

Then a third mechanical design that works like the previous one, but the treadle is below the floor and only two foot pads stick above, so it seems like two pedals inline.

All of these operate a little differently. I see a lot of people try to use the mechanical ones like a big rocker and then complain how terrible it is, but they are doing it wrong. Should be obvious in my opinion (it's longer than even Sasquatch shoe size), but apparently not. If able to correct them, you can see a light bulb go off and they are happy. But I wonder how many people write off this kind of treadle and/or the brand because they are working it wrong.

I've said before, I have Deere and Kubota products and frequently go back and forth between twin pedals and single treadle, and both work fine for me. Unless you have a leg injury or handicap, either should work for most people.

/ No more 'treadle pedal' #20  
Oh heck do away with the danged foot pedal thing a ma bob and go back with hand control on the dash or fender and a foot n inch pedal for the clutch foot.