No Parking....

/ No Parking.... #1  

Rowski

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 New Holland TN70DA with 32LC loader, 2000 New Holland 2120 with Curtis cab, 7309 loader
It's that time of year again. Lots of road calls.

This guy was going a little to fast through a "y" intersection and ended up on top of the guard rail. Luckly he didn't do any damage to the Explorer getting it up there. In getting him off the guard rails I was VERY lucky and didn't do any damage to the vehicle getting it off the guard rail. This is hard to due because it didn't have any tow hooks, you need to use the "holes" in the frame rails.

Attachments

• 35-101713-Guardrail1.jpg
    35-101713-Guardrail1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 143
   / No Parking....
A different angle. On the other side of the guard rail is a swamp /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif.

I have a few other pictures of other road calls if anybody care to see them.

I'm so glad I got a digital camera/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif.

Attachments

• 35-101714-guardrail2.jpg
    35-101714-guardrail2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 125
   / No Parking.... #3  
When I read this, I wondered how you get one on or off a guard rail without damaging the vehicle, but now I see. We don't have those nice white ramps for getting on and off around here./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ No Parking.... #4  
Must have been the Firestone tires. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ No Parking.... #5  
Bird:
Those are called "Seasonal Ramps" and not available year round or in southern climes.

Egon

/ No Parking....
Actually you can't just pull it off, well you could but even with the snow damage can occur not to mention wedging it. Basically you got to lift one end of the vehicle and while in the air get the other tire on the road side of the guard rail. Then do the same thing to the other side. The most trick part is not rolling the veichle on to the road, which has happened but not to me. It also helps having the right equipment (as we all know). The wrecker has 2 8000lb winches and an extendable boom which can be raise from flat with the truck to almost straight up.

Snow does help the recovery out.

/ No Parking.... #7  
Nice work Derek...! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Maybe next time have the "client/customer" participate in the "recovery effort" and have them take a few digital pictures of you hoisting it away mate... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ No Parking.... #8  
I'm sure you come across some real interesting..how they do that w/your wecker. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif
The best one I seen was last year snowmoling Barre,VT.
Two subjects drive Saab just about 2miles on a snowmoblie trail than slid off the trail into stump/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif
Local logger and his skidder was there to pull them back.
They thought it was a country road and had no jackets and low cut shoes etc../w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif I did notice Yale college sticker on the bumper also MIT college sticker,yep they were a smart couple but not country educated.

/ No Parking.... #9  
People and SUV's....

Just because you have 4WD, you can do anything and go anywhere at any speed. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif I have learned not to be on the road after the first few hours of a snowstorm. I have a 4WD pickup with lots of ground clearance and have driven in lots of different conditions. But, I REFUSE to get on the roads with the SUV road warriors and their inexperience. NO THANK YOU. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Terry

/ No Parking.... #10  
You don't like the soccer moms driving the Expeditions and Suburbans at 60 mph thru 4" of snow?/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif Whats wrong with you?/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif
We usually pull about 4 people out of our yard each year and is scary if it is during the day, last year I had the TN halfway across the road with the lights flashing and a car going by was too busy watching me and slid off the road on the other side so we pushed him out also. We had another guy who went off the road and tried driving his blazer around the backside of our barn tearing up 300 feet of our yard and we still had to pull him up since he got stuck behind our barn and the wrecker would not be able to reach him. The guy kept flooring it and never realized his 4wd didn't work. Have fun.