no-spill cup holder

/ no-spill cup holder #1  

jyoutz

Tractor
Kubota MX6000
Well this post will is not quite in the same league as the Chalkley cup, but I thought I would relay an handy little thing I bought today. I was looking at the fishing/boat equipment at K-Mart today and I noticed a cup holder designed for boats. It's just a wire basket on a swivel that permits movement in all directions. As the boat rocks, the drink stays level, so I thought hmm..... You guessed it, I mounted it with a single bolt to my ROPS rack. Hopefully no more spilled drinks, no matter how rough the ride gets. The only downside -it only holds "normal" sized pop cans, coffee cups and such. No 54 ounce cups will fit -sorry Mark.

/ no-spill cup holder #2  
Jim -

I know the gadget you're talking about. I first saw them on boats back in my scuba diving days, and I later installed one in my old pickup truck.

They work great on the boats, since the swaying of the vessel was relatively slow, but when I took my pickup on a rough road, the jarring motion sometimes set the cup holder to oscillating higher and higher. Still prevented spills unless I had a freshly opened Coke in it.

I'd be curious to know if you experience any of these wild pendulum antics on your tractor. It might depend on the type of ground you're working -- mine gets pretty bumpy here and there. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ no-spill cup holder #3  
I used to have a cup holder like that mounted on the handle bar of my Aspencade; worked well on a motorcycle.

Bird