No Squirrels This Year

/ No Squirrels This Year #41  
Go to about any college campus in Indiana, and you'll find squirrels that are completely unafraid of people, because so many college kids feed them by hand. If you see a squirrel on a college campus, just stop walking, look at it, and say "hey squirrel" and snap your fingers a couple times. The thing is almost guaranteed to stop whatever it's doing and come right up to you. Gotta be careful, as they'll sometimes jump right at your hand.

/ No Squirrels This Year #42  
The fox squirrels are the majority in most places up here. But just a few towns have huge populations of the black squirrels. It's kinda neat. Mostly east of us, but they move further west as I get older. :laughing:

Squirrels are very territorial. If a Fox squirrel comes around my house he'll get his butt kicked by the Grays. :squirrel:

/ No Squirrels This Year #44  
The Wife has dispatched about 10 of those little boogers so far. One year it was over 65. Squirrels belong in the woods and when they become aggressive to the birds or come to close to the house...time for a lead pill.

/ No Squirrels This Year #45  
Good acorn year here so the squirrels are plentiful.

/ No Squirrels This Year #46  
You can't fix stupid...

You are beginning to sound like Steppie. Either you just like to argue or you just talk to hear your head rattle. Don't much care what you think but I usually enjoy your posts.

/ No Squirrels This Year #47  
I think Hawks are eating them, maybe in some places, Eagles. the first time I've ever seen a Hawk live was last year, someone must be breeding and releasing them!.. also, I've noticed small birds modifying the squirrel nests into bird nests..

/ No Squirrels This Year #48  
The squirrels are no different than the birds...if you don't want the squirrels don't put out the food...stupid is as stupid does...sorry the truth hurts...

Generally the problem is food is for the birds but tell that to a squirrel.

/ No Squirrels This Year #49  
Generally the problem is food is for the birds but tell that to a squirrel.
And it is the epitome of stupidity to not expect other wildlife to be drawn to a free meal...exterminating anything except the birds is beyond stupid...and criminal in most states...!

/ No Squirrels This Year #50  
And it is the epitome of stupidity to not expect other wildlife to be drawn to a free meal...exterminating anything except the birds is beyond stupid...and criminal in most states...!

You can't fix stupid.......:D