no start after working, T 353

/ no start after working, T 353 #1  

Rabenfels

Tractor
TYM T353
thought I saw a posting about this problem but can't find the thread. Like to ask for help / input / guidance. After working the tractor for about 40 - 45 minutes turned it off. 10 Minutes later trying to start it again: Clicking noise like battery low. Battery is 1.5 years old. Put charger to battery and let sit for about 20/25 minutes. Starting works. Shutting down again and re-starting after some down time: Nothing again. The gauge lights flicker, the hour meter flickers showing 888888 or 999999, clicking noise from under / behind the dash but no start. Got new battery yesterday. She starts right up. Sat overnight. Working this morning grading the dirt road. shutting down. Wanting to mount the back hoe: No start. same flickering, clicking noise from under / behind the dash. Trying again same result with flickerung and clicking from under dash. Taking out the key but the clicking / flickering continues! Had to disconnect the neg. battery cable to make it stop. All neg. connections are solid incl. grounding to chassis. Trying again after about an hour: No clicking. no flickering, no lights of any sort coming on - the tractor is silent. I have a feeling that there might be a relay of sorts under / behind the dash (where the clicking came from last) that went out completely now. Anyone having had same / similar situation and what was the cure? What relay? Best way to get to it? How best to take of dash if needed (pulling levers, switches?)? Where to get a replacement (part #?)? Thanks in advance for any help.

/ no start after working, T 353 #2  
Sounds like the Alternator is not charging or the fuse between the Alternator and battery is blown. Clicking relays are caused by low voltage.

/ no start after working, T 353
I am stumped: Trailered the tractor to the dealer. He found nothing wrong except: The switch for the PTO (square button) was pressed which did not allow the tractor to start.
Hard to believe this to be the issue since I had "noises" of the varying kind, I had dash lights come on but no start and dash lights not come on at all. The switch for the PTO did not light up either! Well, the tractor is back after paying $ 450.00 for hydraulic oil change and new filter. Had I known the cost beforehand this would not have been an order to proceed! Learned my lesson. Not having a suitable trailer to haul the tractor, had to borrow one from the dealer. Close to 4 hours round trip travel time. This was the 3rd non-trailer episode and I finally got me a 14,000lbs / 18' two axle tilt bed trailer. Installed a winch bracket already and now I hope that I will never ever need to use the trailer to haul a dead or stubborn tractor around.

/ no start after working, T 353 #4  
I feel your pain. 16 month old 503. I had the PTO stuck on ( the button stuck ) ) and it took about 4 hrs to get it figured out.
Closest dealer is 130 miles away, need warranty work on clutch and some electrical issues. I will need to borrow a trailer too, still working on those details. I did my own hydraulic oil change - found out the dealer uses really cheap hydraulic oil so I used Schaeffer hydraulic oil, really good stuff especially in weather extremes. Shell Rotella for the engine.