Noise cancelling headphones.

/ Noise cancelling headphones. #51  
I have a set of Bose ear buds. They also do not completely eliminate tractor noise, but the reduce it a lot. But I also want to be able to hear some of the sound of the tractor. Noise cancelling removes the consistent sounds and reduces the level but the od sounds will get through and when a sound changes you can hear it. This lets me know how the tractor is running and I will hear if something goes wrong. To me it is important to know what the tractor should sound like and listen for then it does not.

/ Noise cancelling headphones. #52  
I've yet to try them on the tractor or while machining, but I just bought a pair of ISOtunes earplug headphones, which are supposed to offer 27db noise reduction. I will say, they're really comfortable, have good sound, and really long run time on a charge.

/ Noise cancelling headphones. #53  
The Bose QC35 have permanent rechargeable batteries. They don't use AAA. Or were you referring to one of the other brands above with the AAA comment?

I can mow for 4.5 hours with my QC35s and battery is only down to 80%. They've been great that way. Yes, they don't completely eliminate tractor noise but they reduce it enough to be unobtrusive and allow music to be heard very well.

Rob
Second this. Here is my journey with ear protection on machinery in the past few years.

1. Started with over ear. Good for noise reduction, but sweaty, can't wear a full brim hat, no easily ability to take phone calls. I thought the 3M with bluetooth would be a good option, but in the end I went with other configurations.
2. Over ear noise canceling- too delicate. I have a nice pair to wear while traveling on planes and they work great...but not doing real work.
3. In ear - started with AirPods Pro. Not bad for noise reduction/communication but my safety helmet strap keeps knocking them out of my ear.
4. In ear - went to Isotopes Pro. When I start sweating these fall right out of my ear...cant keep them in. I am sure this is a personal issue. Tried all different sizes of foam, different angles, smooshing them before putting in ear. No go I sent them back.
5. In ear - went with a cheaper AirPods Pro alternative. Same issue as above with AirPods Pro....duh stupid move. These went back.
6. Bose QuietComfort earbuds. These are the best I have had. 4 days of hard work in the woods and they stay in my ears, don't get knocked out, and have great noise reduction. I am pretty sure I will be sticking with these. Negative: Pricey at $279 but my hearing and communication is worth it.

Last edited:
   / Noise cancelling headphones. #54  
6. Bose QuietComfort 35 in ear. These are the best I have had. 4 days of hard work in the woods and they stay in my ears, don't get knocked out, and have great noise reduction. I am pretty sure I will be sticking with these. Negative: Pricey at $279 but my hearing and communication is worth it.
Did you mean a different model? The QC 35 is an over-the-ear model:

7yBy7bzzHXD37rmy7qKoD6-970-80.jpg

/ Noise cancelling headphones. #56  
Second this. Here is my journey with ear protection on machinery in the past few years.
6. Bose QuietComfort earbuds. These are the best I have had. 4 days of hard work in the woods and they stay in my ears, don't get knocked out, and have great noise reduction. I am pretty sure I will be sticking with these. Negative: Pricey at $279 but my hearing and communication is worth it.
That was pretty much what I found. I already had a set of the Bose over ear headphones, but I could not where my hat and my bald head was getting burned :p

/ Noise cancelling headphones. #57  
That was pretty much what I found. I already had a set of the Bose over ear headphones, but I could not where my hat and my bald head was getting burned :p

What type of hat? I use my Bose over my baseball cap all the time.

/ Noise cancelling headphones.
Where can I get gel muffs for my Bose qc-35 headphones?

/ Noise cancelling headphones. #60