Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Normand Hybrid and R4 Traction

/ Normand Hybrid and R4 Traction #21  
I do clear my shared drive which is 350 yards long and paved and clear my 4 other neighbors' driveways. Next year I will be soliciting contracts with the adjacent neighborhood and will be traveling down the road a bit. You got me thinking about the 3 point top link. I found an air over hydraulics top link called Hydraulink. Can't seem to find anything current for them. The device would basically ad a shock absorber to my top link without the use of my tractor hydraulics. It seems a Cat2 version is sold at Northern Tool. Do you know anything about them?

Read through these threads....it is talked about:

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/174498-hydraulink-self-contained-air-over.html?highlight=hydralink

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/420726-conversion-toplink.html

/ Normand Hybrid and R4 Traction #22  
I値l just add that I really like your blower. Very nice, wish I had one.

/ Normand Hybrid and R4 Traction #23  
There are always chains,
the issue i have found with the 3000 series front r4's is finding good ,durable chain, it seems to be an odd size. Where did you find yours?
I have found 2 link to be far preferable to 4 on pavement, smoother and less likely to mark as they don't slip then grip like 4 link

You can use ATV chains on your front tires,
ATV-UTV Tire Chains | Free US Shipping
The diamond pattern chains will provide more traction and a smoother ride then either 2 or 4 link spacing or the H pattern or dual grip style.
They also maintain traction continually instead of a grip and slip as the ladder chains do.
I have seen much less pavement marking from them then ladder chains,

/ Normand Hybrid and R4 Traction #24  
Lou,
thanks for the link and the idea, i'll take a look
Really need something better on the rear as well. I need to use 4wd or i slide with the blower scraping. maybe it would not happen with the loader off but with it on i have to have front assist or i'm not going anywhere.

On another note, i had needed a new scraping edge as the original had worn(i believe it was just mild steel- A local metal shop fabbed one up for about 40% of the cost of a factory hardox edge.
The replacement is an AR steel so it should last a lot longer

QUOTE=LouNY;5621065]You can use ATV chains on your front tires,
The diamond pattern chains will provide more traction and a smoother ride then either 2 or 4 link spacing or the H pattern or dual grip style.
They also maintain traction continually instead of a grip and slip as the ladder chains do.
I have seen much less pavement marking from them then ladder chains,[/QUOTE]

/ Normand Hybrid and R4 Traction #25  
Lou,
thanks for the link and the idea, i'll take a look
Really need something better on the rear as well. I need to use 4wd or i slide with the blower scraping. maybe it would not happen with the loader off but with it on i have to have front assist or i'm not going anywhere.

On another note, i had needed a new scraping edge as the original had worn(i believe it was just mild steel- A local metal shop fabbed one up for about 40% of the cost of a factory hardox edge.
The replacement is an AR steel so it should last a lot longer

QUOTE=LouNY;5621065]You can use ATV chains on your front tires,
I have seen much less pavement marking from them then ladder chains,
[/QUOTE]

There are many of the "euro" style chains which while expensive will provide amazing traction and a good ride,
AquilineTalon, the TRYGG, and OFA brands are all very good.
I run the Talon type on two tractors, and we have them on 3 over at the farm.
They grip so well that the traction is excellent and the ride is good.

/ Normand Hybrid and R4 Traction #26  
well, that didn't work out- they don't have anything for a 27x 8.5x15
I'll try calling on monday maybe something can be altered
Tempted to switch to radial turfs when these tires are done

/ Normand Hybrid and R4 Traction #27  
well, that didn't work out- they don't have anything for a 27x 8.5x15
I'll try calling on monday maybe something can be altered
Tempted to switch to radial turfs when these tires are done

I would not swear to the exact fitting but to me the 27 inch tire diameter and the 8.5 width are the sizing consideration for chains.
If I was getting chains for that tire I would look at the chains for the OD and width as the rim diameter is a minimal consideration for chains.
With an R4 having a squarer profile then an ATV tire I would consider chains for 27x10 tires.
Towards the bottom of this page are some that might be a good fit,
ATV-UTV Diamond Back Studded U-Grip Tire Chains| Free US Shipping

God luck
Lou

/ Normand Hybrid and R4 Traction #28  
Thanks lou
just the kind of info i was looking for

I would not swear to the exact fitting but to me the 27 inch tire diameter and the 8.5 width are the sizing consideration for chains.
If I was getting chains for that tire I would look at the chains for the OD and width as the rim diameter is a minimal consideration for chains.
With an R4 having a squarer profile then an ATV tire I would consider chains for 27x10 tires.
Towards the bottom of this page are some that might be a good fit,
ATV-UTV Diamond Back Studded U-Grip Tire Chains| Free US Shipping

God luck
Lou