Nortrac mini excavator

/ Nortrac mini excavator #1  

jjeff

Elite Member
Tractor
kubota l2850, kubota l4150
Hi kind of considering looking at a

NorTrac XN16 Mini Excavator — 15.2 HP,​

For occasional use to compliment my L2850 with loader for various tasks on my small xmas tree farming operation. From previous experiences i know the yanmar engines are pretty durable, eaton makes decent hydraulics, at least for the swing motor. I like the fact its plumbed with 3function already and has lots of accessories I can build or buy for it, its small enough to get in between trees with out tearing lots of crap up. I have a three point great bend 651 BH which is hard to work in between rows, im looking to sell it if i get a mini. Wondering if anyone has one and what are your experience with them? A few years back I almost purchased the Nortrac 35hp bulldozer ( glad I didn't and acquired a jd 326e skid steer instead). I have had mixed results with Northern tool, some stuff is good other stuff is sub HF quality, My theory is its one of those cheap minis you get from China for 5k or less and they make it more durable with a few higher quality components? I can turn a wrench and but get frustrated when I'm constantly doing it instead of actual work its made for, also understand resale will be shot but I tend to hold on to things for ever.
Thanks, J

/ Nortrac mini excavator #2  
Hi kind of considering looking at a

NorTrac XN16 Mini Excavator — 15.2 HP,​

For occasional use to compliment my L2850 with loader for various tasks on my small xmas tree farming operation. From previous experiences i know the yanmar engines are pretty durable, eaton makes decent hydraulics, at least for the swing motor. I like the fact its plumbed with 3function already and has lots of accessories I can build or buy for it, its small enough to get in between trees with out tearing lots of crap up. I have a three point great bend 651 BH which is hard to work in between rows, im looking to sell it if i get a mini. Wondering if anyone has one and what are your experience with them? A few years back I almost purchased the Nortrac 35hp bulldozer ( glad I didn't and acquired a jd 326e skid steer instead). I have had mixed results with Northern tool, some stuff is good other stuff is sub HF quality, My theory is its one of those cheap minis you get from China for 5k or less and they make it more durable with a few higher quality components? I can turn a wrench and but get frustrated when I'm constantly doing it instead of actual work its made for, also understand resale will be shot but I tend to hold on to things for ever.
Thanks, J
IMHO...not a good idea!

/ Nortrac mini excavator
My second thought also is it may be close to one of the smallest rebranded yanmars minus retractable tracks and boom can only be swung with center pivot which is all id need.

/ Nortrac mini excavator
It's a rebranded "rhinoceros xn16" from China.