Not a good time to buy a car

/ Not a good time to buy a car #21  
We had planned on keeping the Honda Crosstour for several more years. Unfortunately the car was hit and totalled. With prices on used cars up 30-40% year over year, I'm calling this a bad time to buy a car. I wish we could have kept that car until car prices come back down, which I predict they will when the chip shortage subsides.
I don't think China will send any chips our way till they own everything in the lower 48...

/ Not a good time to buy a car #22  
This discussion brings up a question --" what's the value of my spotless like new 2016 Double Cab Tundra with 29,000 on the odometer . " ? Possibly more than i paid ?

/ Not a good time to buy a car
This discussion brings up a question --" what's the value of my spotless like new 2016 Double Cab Tundra with 29,000 on the odometer . " ? Possibly more than i paid ?
Over $40K, how much did you pay?

/ Not a good time to buy a car #24  
The more costly oil changes for diesels are kind of a wash because they occur at 10k miles vs 5k miles for gasser vehicles.
We have 2 toyota gassers with the recommended oil change intervals 10k . Who is recommending 5k for gassers

/ Not a good time to buy a car #25  
The more costly oil changes for diesels are kind of a wash because they occur at 10k miles vs 5k miles for gasser vehicles.
Anyone that waits for a 10K [synthetic] oil changes are pretty much setting themselves up for $$,$$$.00 out of warranty repairs in the future. Every 5K w full synthetic is a good change time.

/ Not a good time to buy a car #26  
We have 2 toyota gassers with the recommended oil change intervals 10k . Who is recommending 5k for gassers
The dealer, so you can pay big $$,$$$.00 repairs down the line...unless you're on an extended warranty, then they'll change your oil earlier...

/ Not a good time to buy a car #27  
I have a 2015 Chevrolet 2500HD and I change the oil by the DIC ( Driver Information Center ) and I change mine when it says that I have 20% oil life left which is usually 7k miles or so, I suspect it would be closer to 8500 0r 9000 miles if I let it go to 1%, but I have always been used to changing my oil at 4k miles, so this is new to me but I can go quite a bit farther than the 5k that you quoted.

/ Not a good time to buy a car #30  
I have a 2015 Chevrolet 2500HD and I change the oil by the DIC ( Driver Information Center ) and I change mine when it says that I have 20% oil life left which is usually 7k miles or so, I suspect it would be closer to 8500 0r 9000 miles if I let it go to 1%, but I have always been used to changing my oil at 4k miles, so this is new to me but I can go quite a bit farther than the 5k that you quoted.
Thank you for your reply Lineman.

I hear you. But, I have read TONS of comments from prior mechanics of all makes and models, 35-40 yrs experience, and none of them ever recommend going over 5K, that is, unless you're going to trade her in at 70K+ or earlier, esp any direct inject engines. They all swear by an oils Noack rating. The Noack volatility of an oil is defined as the weight loss of the oil when it is held under isothermal conditions at 250 ˚C for a period of 1 hour under a constant flow of air. The lower the better 6.6-8.8, Pennzoil Ultra - Qkr State Ultimate Durability, respectively/ Mobil oil and a lot of dealer oils are in the 10.1-14.3 NOACK range, which is horrible. Then, take that over 5K+, like shooting cholesterol/lipids directly in your arms. The best value and availability is Qkr St, but here's the ratings. If you have a personal friend that's been a mechanic for 25+ yrs, see what they will tell you "off-line"...good luck sir.

Ultra 6.6%
Mobil One 10.1%
PLatinum 9.3
SynPower 11.6
Super Tech 11.1
Royal Purple 10.9
Quaker State Ultimate 8.8
Lucas Synthetic 14.9 (almost out of spec at 15%)
Kendall GT W/Titanium 10.9
Formula Shell 9.7
Castrol Edge 11.1
Amsoil OE 10.9
MotorCraft Blend 14.3