Not Going To Unread Messages (Posts)

/ Not Going To Unread Messages (Posts) #1  

Xfaxman

Super Star Member
Tractor
Toolcat 5610 G - Bobcat V417 - TORO+Loader
Using my computer and Chrome when I click on a thread it goes to the "New" message not the first unread message like the old version did.

Is there a setting that I need to change?

/ Not Going To Unread Messages (Posts)
It sure is frustrating having to scroll up to find the first unread message in a thread that I have not seen for a few days.

Anyone else have this problem?

Anyone know the cure?

/ Not Going To Unread Messages (Posts) #3  
Each time you are done reading.... meaning ALL the threads you're going to read until next time, hit the "mark forums read" at the top banner. This should bring up the first 'unread' posts in each thread when you return.... works for me...

Each time you are done reading.... meaning ALL the threads you're going to read until next time, hit the "mark forums read" at the top banner. This should bring up the first 'unread' posts in each thread when you return.... works for me...
I do that and it works. If I click a thread that I have not looked at recently, it goes to the first "New" post from today, skipping the unread posts.

Still frustrated :mad:.
I guess the "first unread post" feature doesn't exist now.

Not Going To Unread Messages (Posts)​

Bumping this thread just in case there is a setting that I don't know about to go to the first unread post like the previous version did.

/ Not Going To Unread Messages (Posts) #8  
I too use Chrome and MOST of the time when I open a thread it will go to the first unread.
But I've noticed on some megathreads, like Good Morning, occasionally it stops at the last page. Since I've set the "posts per page" to 100 I sometimes have to scroll down a bit.

Mine is set for 50 posts per page.
It never goes to first unread, always goes to new post.

On a Chromebook computer now, still not going to the first unread post like the previous version did.

@Muhammad we need an update to the upgrade!