Not happy with Kubota Credit...

/ Not happy with Kubota Credit... #11  
I get an email from [AFFILIATE='1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"']Kubota[/AFFILIATE] Credit about 2 weeks before the payment is due. I have my checking account set up to automatically pay each month.

Andy
Yeah, I do the auto pay also. Each month the payment is taken from my checking account on the same day.

/ Not happy with Kubota Credit... #14  
It's a losing battle when companies are pushing hard to direct debit out of your account and eliminate paper billing.

/ Not happy with Kubota Credit... #16  
I hated sitting down to write checks to pay bills and then rely on the USPS to get it there on time, which many years back caused a few late payments. Now for personal re-occurring bills we have set up to autopay by 1 of 3 methods, so we never miss a payment. This has prevented us from late payments for many years. Even manual one-time payments are done electronically. I make my quarterly IRS payments electronically. In 2022 I hand wrote 1 check, to the CPA firm. For them it is hand over cash or a paper check, else you don't get your return back.

1. Some are by ACH withdrawal, such as the mortgage or car payment, to receive a .25% - .50% reduction in the interest rate.
2. Small monthly bills, such as the AT&T cell phone, Verizon internet, etc., are paid by credit card on file. All monthly expenses, such as fuel & groceries, plus major purchases for furniture and electronics are paid by CC. My Bank of America CC pays anywhere from 1.75% to 5.25% cash back. The rebate is credited back to my checking acct at the end of the month. Since the BOA CC balance is paid in full every month, it is free cash, anywhere from $50 - $500.
3. A few bills are paid by BOA Bill Pay, such as the BOA CC. On most accounts BOA receives an E-bill, electronic bill, from the vendor. The bill is then scheduled to be paid on a certain time, anywhere from the date the bill was received to the due date. The vendor is either paid electronically or is mailed a paper check. A few I had to manually set up to pay, such as the small company that picks up the garbage as she doesn't do credit cards. She gets a paper check from BOA.

The farm account is a little difference. Since many of the small local vendors we use require payment at time of service, such as the vet or farrier, we write a few checks each month. The rest are paid by debit card, such as the feed store or hardware store.

/ Not happy with Kubota Credit... #17  
I financed the balance on my new [AFFILIATE='1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"']Kubota[/AFFILIATE] Bailer last year and [AFFILIATE='1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"']Kubota[/AFFILIATE] Credit consistently sends me a payment due notice (I pay every quarter) with zero days to pay. This time it states the payment notice was mailed on 12-31-22 but I didn't receive it until today and it's due 1-20-23 which gives me no time to pay without incurring a late charge (remember, Monday is MLK day so no mail delivery). Have the same issue with the side by side as well and on top of it, [AFFILIATE='1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"']Kubota[/AFFILIATE] held my check on the side by side until one day after the due date and charged me a late fee.

These clowns really need to get their act together. My only recourse is to make a copy of the payment and pay it a couple weeks before it's due, something I do with the side by side. Guess I'll have to do the same with the bailer.

While I can deduct the late fee as a business expense, I certainly don't appreciate their lack of timely invoicing.
I pay nearly all bills electronically on the day before due date unless weekend/holidays dictate earlier. Never wait until due date.

Local water company is small and bank does not have electronic relationship with company so sends check by mail. Did not know this for some time so now schedule payment for water company about 1 week before due date.

/ Not happy with Kubota Credit... #18  
I use my banks bill pay to send payments for everything that needs to be paid that I can't first pay on a cash back credit card. I don't like giving other companies my checking details and authorization to withdraw from my account. By paying via the banks billpay it still allows me to pay online while maintaining a wall between my money and their greedy fingers.

The banks bill pay tells you if they can send the payment electronically (next day) or if it is going by check (7 days). I don't need to write checks or keep stamps. To add a payee I enter the details and get a txt message with pin # to confirm that I added it as well as an email saying its been added. I get confirmations in email when something is scheduled to be paid and when it gets paid. Only checks don't give confirmation that payment was received only sent. I set my payments to arrive 1 week before due dates in case there are issues (never has been).

These emails get added to my phones calendar setting a notification for when the payment is due and silencing the notification when the payment is confirmed. So it only nags me where a check is sent and I need to verify it was received directly. I also get daily emails with my current balances so I can see if anything changes in my account without having to login to the bank daily.

All the calendar stuff is done via gmail and its filter system. The banks bill pay has multiple email alert configurations. The bank also offers many email alerts for deposits, balances, withdrawals etc. I also have my credit cards set to email me anytime a charge is made without the card being present, when charge exceeds certain amounts, or denied. One of my credit cards got hit with a $3000 purchase at a jewelry store that was denied. I got an email alert called the bank confirmed I had the card in my possession, they canceled the card number, and sent a replacement card next day air.

Also as most know most banks don't offer atm only cards anymore. They are all debit cards. Most banks however will allow you to set a maximum daily debit purchase amount and a maximum daily atm withdrawal amount. I set debit purchase maximum to $10 in case the debit card is compromised it can't drain my bank account. I use credit cards for purchases and only use my debit card for atm transactions.

/ Not happy with Kubota Credit...
No debit card here either. In fact, only one credit card (mastercard) and the issuing institution isn't my bank anyway.

My issue with KCC is their lead time between a statement date and the the due date. KCC has a habit of mailing a statement (I pay quarterly, not monthly) and the due date. States the statement was sent at least 20 days prior but I get it 5 days before the due date and it ain't coming that far either.

I'll probably just pay it off anyway. I's a zero interest loan so no offset far as interest is concerned and it's under 10K, which in reality is chump change for me.

I find their 'bedside manner' to be less than stellar. Nothing more. I don't have that issue with Ag Direct, they always allow ample time between the statement and the due date, usually at least 15 days. I do not and never will use electronic means to pay any loan. I'm very old school about that stuff.

/ Not happy with Kubota Credit... #20  
[AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] Credit auto pay from business checking account each month. I’ve never written [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] a check.