Not very impressed with Bobcat servicing

/ Not very impressed with Bobcat servicing
Bob,
I'm not the one to provide clarity here, since I am mechanically challenged. But for whatever it's worth, the Bobcat parts person was telling me that it was a gear pump that had been on backorder.

/ Not very impressed with Bobcat servicing #12  
Rolando said:
dsb5610,
What updates are you talking about? We have the same machine so shouldn't I have heard about them as well?

Rolando,

I had two updates, one on the Toolcat and one on the 72" finish mower.

On the Toolcat (I have the 'A' model), there was a small valve that was replaced. It was located under the passenger seat, part of the circuit that allows you to relieve pressure from the hydraulic system. The tech said the paperwork indicated the change was for longevity rather than functionality.

The mower needed a modification to the safety device that shuts off the blades if you pick it up while it is running. Apparently the safety shut-off would not work in certain situations.

dsb

Thanks, ds. When did you buy your mower?

/ Not very impressed with Bobcat servicing #14  
Rolando said:
Thanks, ds. When did you buy your mower?

My Toolcat and attachments were purchased new in the summer of 2003. I purchased everything from the original owner early this year. About a month after I got it I received a notice from Bobcat on the mower modification. There was a contact # on the notice. I called the # to find out how they knew I had the unit as well as to check if there were any other modifications that any of my equipment was missing. That's how I found out about the valve modification. The notice on the mower was first sent to the original owner who in turn notified Bobcat I had the unit. As a result of the discussion with Bobcat I emailed all my serial numbers, equipment descriptions and personal info to them so I will get any future notifications.

dsb

I just got my mower deck about a month ago, so that modification would already have been incorporated. I'll need to contact Bobcat to see if the valve replacement is something that applies to my unit. I've had it less than a year. Thanks for the info.

/ Not very impressed with Bobcat servicing #16  
That sounds good Rolando, I know you'll be happy to have her back engaged in managing your property again. I'm sure they will take care of it and it is good to know exactly what the problem is "was" so you can keep an eye on it in the future.