Notice of one of my posts being deleted..What ?

/ Notice of one of my posts being deleted..What ? #31  
One thing to always keep in mind and that this is a privately owned for profit forum and it has (like all publically viewed forums) a users agreement that maybe 1% of the posters read.

Consequently, the administration can and will delete any and all posts they deem inapropriate any time they please..

Yep.. very correct.

I fully support the ownerships right to remove what they don't want.. my posts, of course, included. ;)

soundguy

/ Notice of one of my posts being deleted..What ? #32  
I think some and a small few of the moderators ... just lurk to see if they can find something, anything to flag and keep their "moderators license" up to date.

that's called 'quota'

;)

soundguy

/ Notice of one of my posts being deleted..What ? #34  
I would say your lucky they messaged you to tell you they removed one. Not sure why they would tell you which one. But Id think if you requested they would tell you.
It can happen anyone. Someone responds inappropriately and the thread goes off course.

/ Notice of one of my posts being deleted..What ? #35  
Now that I'm thinking about it ... two of mine where remove. One about my stepdaughter and one about that school teacher who lost his job over the song about our president.

/ Notice of one of my posts being deleted..What ? #36  
Is that like a LEO's having to fill their traffic ticket quota they NEVER have?:laughing:

/ Notice of one of my posts being deleted..What ? #37  
I see greater tolerance here now than ever before, That whole family friendly thing was taken way overboard in the past. Sure we don't want profane insults flying around, (any kind of insults) but in the past the mere mention of certain subjects would have some mandy pandy do good-er flagging a post.

I only got that notice once when I first joined, I posted a funny picture of a beagle and a raccoon and was told it was "obscene" :laughing:
How a picture of a beagle and a raccoon could be considered obscene I don't know :confused2:

So no complaints here, I think the moderators have shown great restraint especially on the front porch. Maybe some day I'll try posting that picture of "the worlds worst hunting dog" again :eek:

JB

/ Notice of one of my posts being deleted..What ? #38  
I only got that notice once when I first joined, I posted a funny picture of a beagle and a raccoon and was told it was "obscene" :laughing:
How a picture of a beagle and a raccoon could be considered obscene I don't know :confused2:

JB

Guess that depends on what they are doing... ;)

I don't see any big issues with deletions, but IMO some of the 'political' threads are misplaced, ie, they are political discussions but for some reason they are located in Rural Living, etc and not where they belong.

But that's a nitpick....just glad to be here. :thumbsup:

/ Notice of one of my posts being deleted..What ? #39  
Guess that depends on what they are doing... ;)

Oh, they were "doing it" but still it's a beagle and a raccoon.

It's all over the Internet now, old picture, just google worlds worst hunting dog.

JB

/ Notice of one of my posts being deleted..What ? #40  
OK guys and gals so as long as it was not just me, I feel better...I sure did not mean to offend anybody...I posted the Newpaper article about eating old people because it was so ridiculous and I thought everyone would get a kick out of it....I guess someone did not...:)

Well dang! ... I missed it, & I think I woulda loved a story about eating old people! :licking:

:p

:D