Now I am depressed... Another Great Name from the past has turned into garbage.

/ Now I am depressed... Another Great Name from the past has turned into garbage. #11  
Case knives are still affordable and US made.

/ Now I am depressed... Another Great Name from the past has turned into garbage. #12  
I still have mine, given to me by my father for my first deer season in 1966. Got a 6 point buck with a model 94 Win 30-30. My Marbles is a 5in., it will take and hold an edge. Don't want to lose it, so now use a Case lockback that I really like. Wish I could still get this model of Case, it has a 3 1/2 in. blade, hunter orange cushion grip with finger indentations. Very comfortable and takes a good edge.

/ Now I am depressed... Another Great Name from the past has turned into garbage. #13  
A former employee of Marbles founded Rapid River Knifeworks in Michigan's Upper Peninsula just up the road from Gladstone Mi where Marbles was founded. Check their website. Beautiful work, great showroom!
Been there, have one. Great knives.

/ Now I am depressed... Another Great Name from the past has turned into garbage. #15  
The only way that I can keep a nice knife is to leave it in the gun safe; I always seem to set them down while using them, and forget to pick them up. I got a nice Kabar hunting knife when I was in HS, which lasted me about 10 years. One day I noticed that the sheath was empty, I still don't know what happened to the knife.
Buck makes nice production quality knives, I have several. Looking at that Rapid River website though got me thinking that I should have one really nice knife... if I can just keep from losing it,

/ Now I am depressed... Another Great Name from the past has turned into garbage. #16  
With all the knives lost through the passing of time...
...how come you never hear of anyone finding one?

/ Now I am depressed... Another Great Name from the past has turned into garbage. #17  
With all the knives lost through the passing of time...
...how come you never hear of anyone finding one?
I found one once.
Real nice one, nice bone handle...

I made a sheath for it & it became my in the woods knife.

One day the sheath was empty.

Easy come, easy go.

/ Now I am depressed... Another Great Name from the past has turned into garbage. #18  
I've never heard of Marble's knives either. But I've heard of Marbles sights -- like the peep sights you used to see mounted on rifles prior to scopes becoming available and popular. Is that the same company?

/ Now I am depressed... Another Great Name from the past has turned into garbage. #19  
^^^^^
Yes. They also made other accessories.
I did find a Leatherman once... a coworker and I had brushed and spotted a property line so I was walking a snowsled trail back to the truck for paint. I had just reminded myself that I’d need to find something to open the can with when I looked down and said “that knife will work.”

/ Now I am depressed... Another Great Name from the past has turned into garbage. #20  
I've never heard of Marble's knives either. But I've heard of Marbles sights -- like the peep sights you used to see mounted on rifles prior to scopes becoming available and popular. Is that the same company?
Used to be the same company. Marbles is still manufacturing gun sights for most American manufacturers still in Gladstone MI.