Nuclear fallout information

/ Nuclear fallout information #11  
But cool maps. I am hosed. But looking at the map, i know where to bug out to easily!

/ Nuclear fallout information #12  
And if the alternative is dying? That will make 30 years pass quickly.

How are you going to live underground for 30 years? Maybe multi billion dollar government bunkers could manage that but your backyard bunker certainly can’t. Your food is poisoned, your water is poisoned, you probably don’t have any electric after your fuel runs out in a few days or weeks, you don’t have any solid plan for sewer disposal, you’re probably going to have looters to fend off, assuming you live long enough to get sick you don’t have any medical care, you don’t have any air scrubbers. The average backyard bunker would be lucky to sustain life for beyond a few weeks. Assuming you have enough money to work through all those problems there’s still the living in a concrete hole for the rest of your life part to overcome.

/ Nuclear fallout information #14  
Kinda makes living in Wyoming much more appealing…

/ Nuclear fallout information #15  
The key is to live in Australia and have a supercharged v8 muscle car. Then be ready to spend your days driving around at WOT looking/fighting for fuel! Some of yall know what I'm talking about.

/ Nuclear fallout information #17  
Short term Nuclear fallout, even in small quantities has a major effect on health. Case in point, Desert Storm in 1991 where it was only radioactive tips tank busters as the source.

/ Nuclear fallout information
There's a difference between meltdown and fallout from nuclear weapons, or even the point of impact, vs the fallout that spreads. There were dozens of nuclear tests in the 50's and 60's and the fallout from them is not still affecting us right now.

Fallout typically contains hundreds of different radionuclides. Some stay in the environment for a long time because they have long half-lives, like cesium-137, which has a half-life of 30.17 years. Some have very short half-lives and decay away in a few minutes or a few days, like iodine-131, which has a half-life of 8 days. Very little radioactivity from weapons testing in the 1950s and 1960s can still be detected in the environment now.

/ Nuclear fallout information #19  
Granite counter tops will set off a Geiger counter...and as talked about in another thread...the mantels used on liquid fueled lanterns will do the same...

/ Nuclear fallout information
If folks would rather not try that’s their choice. But I’ll do everything I can to survive, and I’m probably not the only one. So I wanted to provide the information that I’d researched for anyone who wants to survive until the next generation. Will everyone? Probably not. But it’s better than no one.