Nut position on loader teeth

/ Nut position on loader teeth #1  

CBB

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 5320N Vineyard, 1981 Deere 910, 1980 Kubota B22, 1983 Ford 1710
Hi,

In the attachment, you see how the nut/bolt holds on the teeth to the bucket. Does anyone think the nut should be on the outside? Thoughts.

Attachments

• 879755-DSCN3406.JPG
    879755-DSCN3406.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 240
   / Nut position on loader teeth #2  
When I had a setup like that I put the bolts outward. Did a lot of dirt and gravel with that one and never had a problem taking it off when I needed to.

/ Nut position on loader teeth #3  
I have the same setup and honestly don't think it makes any differance.
The threads, in my opinion, stand to get mangled in any position but for safety reasons I placed the nut inside as yours so as to have less outer protrusions to get snagged on.

I figure that I will have to use a breaker bar to remouve anyway and simply use new bolts every time I reinstall.

/ Nut position on loader teeth #4  
In the attachment, I see blurriness and what looks like it might be a bolt!!! LOL

I think the bolt head should be on the outside as it does not protrude out the side that way. Leave the nut and the extra thread area inside.

I've had mine off and on for two years with no problems, but I wouldn't want the excess threads out and exposed to passersby!
John

/ Nut position on loader teeth #5  
I'm looking to buy a tooth bar for my CK30 and saw that Gearmore has a new type that doesn't require you to drill holes in the sides of the bucket, it's held on with "locking" jam bolts to the inside of the bucket lip, anybody out here got one of these styles and if so how you like it?
http://www.gearmore.com/catpdf/Cat_P76.pdf