NX Grill Guard Enhancement

/ NX Grill Guard Enhancement #1  

Bigfish50

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti NX5010 and 54 Massey Ferguson TO35
Hi All,

Wanted to share a project I had completed to strengthen my grill guard and provide more protection from damage. Using a grapple can be hazardous to a tractor's appearance. Already will have to replace a part of my grill so this hopefully will prevent me from having to replace it again :) Paint to follow..

GrillguardFront.JPGGrillguardBack.JPG

/ NX Grill Guard Enhancement #2  
That looks great. I'm planning for a grapple now and will need something like that.

/ NX Grill Guard Enhancement #3  
:thumbsup: Dual layer!
That should do it, but painting's not going to be fun. But then it never is. Nice job !

/ NX Grill Guard Enhancement #4  
Sure do need one with a grapple;I speared my lower grill and battery(lucky to miss the radiator) before I did mine.

/ NX Grill Guard Enhancement #5  
After adopting the design of others from this forum, here is the end result for my grill:

2017-10-09 07.52.38.jpg

Attachments

• 2017-10-09 07.52.38.jpg
    2017-10-09 07.52.38.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 392
   / NX Grill Guard Enhancement #6  
IMG_3765.JPG

It's a must when using a grapple.

/ NX Grill Guard Enhancement #7  
I can definitely see the big need for better grill protection when using a grapple. My main concern was sticks and branches being pulled up, stood up or magically thrown in to the grill when brush hogging or just driving in the woods. I'm willing to bet you could put 100 hours on the tractor actually trying to make a loose stick lodge in the grill and never get close to it happening, but when you're trying to be careful and cautious is right before you'll notice a random hole in the grill or headlight!

/ NX Grill Guard Enhancement #8  
Hey wiskioti, is that a tie down point on the frame of your tractor? It kinda looks like an eye hook of some sort. I'm looking to do something similar. Is this something you purchased separately? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

/ NX Grill Guard Enhancement #9  
One of these days everyone's peer pressure is going to have me breakdown and do this! (first have to get a welder) So far I've been fortunate in not running anything past my hood (though, and here's something to watch out for, while using my grapple on the NX I've flipped a piece of wood up and over and ON to my hood, resulting in a dent*): about 1,200 hrs on my B7800 (doing stuff that would make many run away screaming!) and 225 hrs on the NX.

* Seems I'm predestined to do this. Also happened to my B7800 many years ago.

/ NX Grill Guard Enhancement #10  
Hey wiskioti, is that a tie down point on the frame of your tractor? It kinda looks like an eye hook of some sort. I'm looking to do something similar. Is this something you purchased separately? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Joe,

Yes, those are tie-down points that I added. They are closed eye loops that were actually given to me by someone that works with hoisting cranes in a manufacturing shop. I was told they are rated for 30,000 pounds and it just so happened that there were already drilled holes in the frame at those points. I had planned on installing them with the loops on the inside the frame to better facilitate crossing the chains, but I didn't have adequate clearance, so they were installed with the loops facing out. So, since I got them for nothing, I really can't speak to where anyone could find similar eye loops, but I'm sure they have to be available online somewhere.