NX series hydraulic heat questions.

/ NX series hydraulic heat questions.
The valve is just flat out undersized for this tractor. Continuing to use it will year something up.

/ NX series hydraulic heat questions. #22  
My grapple had 3/8 connectors and when I bought the NX I had to switch out the 3/8 connectors to 1/2 with an adapter because the NX had 1/2 connectors on my 3rd function switch ports. But the NX has 3/8 hydraulic hoses throughout from what I see.

My grapple had 3/8 connectors and when I bought the NX I had to switch out the 3/8 connectors to 1/2 with an adapter because the NX had 1/2 connectors on my 3rd function switch ports. But the NX has 3/8 hydraulic hoses throughout from what I see.

The quick attach fittings at the bucket end are 1/2" ag. I had to do the same with my grapple.

For whatever reason where it counts they used all 3/8" fittings and hose for the third function valve.

/ NX series hydraulic heat questions. #24  
Some things I've learned.
Looks like the hydraulics are all BSPP thread. I've confirmed with micrometer and thread pitch gauges. The linked specs from the valve manufacturer confirm this.

The ports on the third function valve are 3/8" BSPP.
The port coming out of the loader block power beyond is 1/2" BSPP.
The valve supplied with my tractor is max flow of 10.5 gallons (40 liters) per minute.

I'm going to try and salvage what I can. This would be fine on a smaller tractor in the Kioti line but not this one. I'm still not sure if they shipped the right kit or not. I was hoping to be able to maybe just change out the manifold but I think I will change out the whole valve and try and reuse the work lines out since that part of it is fine and already installed. Scouring Summit and Surplus center websites now for a suitable solution. Will report back when I have one.

CWS - HAWE Hydraulik

https://downloads.hawe.com/7/9/D7951CWS-en.pdf

View attachment 666214

View attachment 666217

Then the next size up is a Do5 sublate and double-acting electric over hydraulic open-center valve. Get a Do5 valve with an open center as diagramed in the image below. Downside DO5 is significantly bigger but flows 20 gpm.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 914117_10201978220836631_973156660579908451_o.jpg
    914117_10201978220836631_973156660579908451_o.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 164
   / NX series hydraulic heat questions. #25  
The valve is just flat out undersized for this tractor. Continuing to use it will year something up.

A Do3 valve and sublate have been working for me for 100s of hours. Zero issues.

49341236822_248f575602_b.jpg

49341258207_0c53782825_h.jpg

Update - it appears my heat issues are under control. I also was able to finally get a third function back as well.
I ordered a D03 subplate sized valve from Summitt. They listed it as rated for up to 15gpm so I took a chance on it. The factory one from Kioti was only rated at 10.5gpm.
Since all the Kioti fittings were BSPP I had to shop around to find everything I needed. I got one from McMaster Carr and the rest from Discounthydraulichose.com. Surplus Center didn't have what I needed on this one.
Since I already had all the wiring and hoses run to the front I was able to reuse all of that. I went with 1/2" hoses for the power beyond from the loader valve and for the return that goes to the rear valve / three point valve.
I am running Kubota SUDT2 fluid because I had 12.5 gallons already here. If anyone is having heat issues I'd suggest it or John Deere low vis Hygard.
After finding out about the screens in the banjo bolt in the back I removed it and took the screens out. There are two of them sandwiched together. I see no use for them other than to restrict / aerate the fluid so I got rid of them.
I added a small inline gas filter to the breather hose just because, I figured it could help keep dust out of the system.

I can now mow in 90 plus degree temps and keep my hydraulic system below 200 degrees F. I was not able to do that before. I also am consistently reading a significantly lower temp on the rear axle housing than I am on the rear remote block. Previously they were closer to the same high temp.

FWIW I took some video like justman777 did inside the tank and with the SUDT2 I get what appears to be air right at start up just like he did. The bubbles though are larger and seem to dissipate after running awhile. Where that is coming from is still a mystery; however, where I was experiencing jerky reverse and sometimes forward movement like some other posters were, I'm not anymore. I have also been monitoring my temps and haven't had near the temps I was before.

Hope this helps. I will continue to keep an eye on things and report back. The 3rd function valve that was sent with my tractor I think is the same they are using on the CK2610 through CK4010. For those machines I believe it would be perfect. For the larger tractors I think it is a big mistake.

IMG_9603.jpgIMG_9604.jpgIMG_9634.jpgIMG_9635.jpgIMG_9636.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9637.jpg
    IMG_9637.jpg
    973.6 KB · Views: 59
One other thing I forgot to mention. The factory third function had a freaking rubber gasket between the valve body and the mounting point behind the step. Big flat rubber gasket. For what reason I have no idea, but that was yet another thing that was trapping heat in my opinion. The place where it mounts and the right hand step are great big heat sinks where at least some of the heat out of the valve could have been dissipated, but instead wasn't because of the gasket.

/ NX series hydraulic heat questions. #28  
I'm running the shredder today. I'll take some temp readings and see what I'm getting.

Could you post specifics on the subplate you used? Thanks!