NX-series remote valve flow?

/ NX-series remote valve flow? #1  

ishiboo

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010HSTC, Cat 279c
Any ideas how many GPM are available on one of the remotes? Thinking about running a Lowe auger and getting rid of my 3-point setup. Seems it'd be a perfect setup as I could keep the post pounder in back and auger in the front. Plus having the extra lift height would be great as I could put an extension on and keep it on for drilling 48" deep.

/ NX-series remote valve flow? #2  
Typically 1/2" AG style couplers are rated at 12 GPM. What does your tractor put out for the implement pump? 12-13GPM? If the hyd auger is rated for that amount of flow, then you should be fine. ;)

/ NX-series remote valve flow? #3  
I'm thinking it is between 10 - 11 GPM.

/ NX-series remote valve flow? #5  
I've never used a hydraulic auger but I know a guy with a Kubota M59 who used one successfully. I'd have to check but would assume the M59 has about 18gpm.

I think I've also read that hydraulic augers work with less than optimal gpm but just turn more slowly.

/ NX-series remote valve flow? #6  
Land Pride's HD25 requires 5-12 GPM and is rated for 101 RPM.

/ NX-series remote valve flow? #7  
Any ideas how many GPM are available on one of the remotes? Thinking about running a Lowe auger and getting rid of my 3-point setup. Seems it'd be a perfect setup as I could keep the post pounder in back and auger in the front. Plus having the extra lift height would be great as I could put an extension on and keep it on for drilling 48" deep.

Cutting and pasting in a bit from the My NX6010 thread:

The NX series opens its relief at 3271 psi and then settles down to 2560 api according to page 11-3 in the NX service manual. The HST models flow more fluid than the gear versions. Hydraulic flow is slightly less than the spec you used at 9.615 gpm. Total flow with both sides of the pump for hydraulics, power steering, and the HST transmission is 17.857 gpm. Neither of those specs are published that accurately, but I did the math on another day and figured out the gpm flow rates.

/ NX-series remote valve flow? #8  
I have 9gpm and that runs my HD25 auger very nicely. I never actually use that much flow since that is on full operating RPM, but I'm usually around 1500-1800RPM, so so what less than 9GPM. I use 1/2" fittings/hoses and have it plumbed all the way to the rear remotes like your planning.
I'm not sure how the Lowe auger compares spec wise to the Landpride unit though?

/ NX-series remote valve flow?
Cutting and pasting in a bit from the My NX6010 thread:

The NX series opens its relief at 3271 psi and then settles down to 2560 api according to page 11-3 in the NX service manual. The HST models flow more fluid than the gear versions. Hydraulic flow is slightly less than the spec you used at 9.615 gpm. Total flow with both sides of the pump for hydraulics, power steering, and the HST transmission is 17.857 gpm. Neither of those specs are published that accurately, but I did the math on another day and figured out the gpm flow rates.

Yeah, I'm curious how much of it actually makes it through one of the remotes though. The orifices are really small, not sure if they get full flow or not. I think I need right around 8-9 gpm to be satisfied.

/ NX-series remote valve flow? #10  
Yeah, I'm curious how much of it actually makes it through one of the remotes though. The orifices are really small, not sure if they get full flow or not. I think I need right around 8-9 gpm to be satisfied.

The 1/2" fittings on your tractor are rated at 12GPM.