NX4510 . Preheat Position on Ignition?

/ NX4510 . Preheat Position on Ignition? #1  

Kiotidog

Tractor
Kioti DK45
2015 NX4510 Good Morning, I just saw in my manual that turning the key all the way to the left is the preheat position. I couldn't find any description on how to use the preheater in my manual.
All that I have ever done in cold weather is to turn the key to the on position and wait until the glow plug light goes out. I believe that this is what my dealer had recommended to do.
Does anyone know the recommended way to use the preheat position?
It's -20.2 out right now here in New Hampshire. I'm not even thinking about using my tractor until the temperature improves and the wind stops!

Thanks,
John

/ NX4510 . Preheat Position on Ignition? #2  
The preheat position allows you to manually fire off a glow plug timer cycle, multiple runs if you wish. The timer varies with temp, my 3510 runs around 5 seconds when temps are near freezing, this morning (-13°F), it was closer to 20 seconds. I've never tried a pre-heat cycle when it's warm but I'm assuming it would force a very short cycle.

I don't know as fact, but I presume they skip firing up the fuel pump when you trigger GP cycles using the pre-heat position, otherwise there wouldn't be any point.