NX4510 rear defrost

/ NX4510 rear defrost #1  

tmthunder

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510CH
Good evening,
I noticed today that the rear defrost in my NX is not working. Hit the switch the red light does not come on. I checked the 20amp main fuse and the 5 amp defrost timer fuse. Both are good. Any thoughts on where to look next? Connections at the window are on and tight. I will have to grab my fluke but figured maybe one of you have had the issue.
Also on a side note I did not notice when I finished up using the tractor last week but my radio backlighting must have stayed on, jumped in today and battery was dead. Put it on the charger started the tractor and the radio backlight was on but you could not turn the radio on or off. Disconnected the battery and it cleared, backlighting is off when tractor is not running/key on. With key on could cycle the radio on and off as normal.
Thanks!

/ NX4510 rear defrost #3  
Underneath the roof there are a bunch of relays. For the price of them I just replaced all of 'em. Or you could try swapping out the existing relay with a known 'good' one and carry on like that until you find the faulty one.

/ NX4510 rear defrost
Thanks I will have to pull the roof off when the weather warms up and check them out. Appreciate the info!